What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
PhillerTime
    Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:15 am

Built a welding cart in the ZT Fab style with a 12 gauge sheet 2'x4', left over 18 gauge 1" square tubing from a store display, and various lengths of 2", 3", and 4" .125 flat bar. I wanted the cart to hold two or more welders and two tanks. I found a barely used Lincoln 210mp on craigslist and had a lot of fun practicing mig. I used a plasma cutter to cut up the sheet metal parts.
tacked-up.jpg
tacked-up.jpg (61.89 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
I was so caught up on trying to make a good mig weld, I forgot about how much parts can and will warp. Really warped the sheet metal base when I fully welded (nonstop!) outside corner joints.
warped.jpg
warped.jpg (58.84 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
I ended up trying to correct the 1/2" bow by clamping the base upside down to my downdraft table then fully welding the inside corner joints.
warped2.jpg
warped2.jpg (57.54 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
Now the base only kicks up about a 1/4" overall.
footpedal-fitup.jpg
footpedal-fitup.jpg (32.86 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
I had fun bending the 4" x 1/8" flat stock with a small sledge-hammer and a wood vise.
finalassy.jpg
finalassy.jpg (57.64 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
I bolted down 210mp via the factory holes inside the cabinet and made a little hook out angle iron to catch the lip of the Everlast 160STH.
leftview.jpg
leftview.jpg (79.1 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
rightview.jpg
rightview.jpg (81.39 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
rodholers-tanks.jpg
rodholers-tanks.jpg (65.54 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
rearview2.jpg
rearview2.jpg (62.15 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
The cart turned out bigger than I hoped but it's nice to have the control panel buttons a little higher than my last cart. Just want to say thank you to all the members, most posts are educational and often entertaining at the same time.
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

Nice cart -lot of work but always worth it in the end. Had me going for a bit about why all the holes in the 1in tubes and then I went back and read your post and all was explained. :?
PhillerTime

homeboy wrote:Nice cart -lot of work but always worth it in the end. Had me going for a bit about why all the holes in the 1in tubes and then I went back and read your post and all was explained. :?
Yeah in retrospect, I should have just bought new steel.
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

PhillerTime wrote:
homeboy wrote:Nice cart -lot of work but always worth it in the end. Had me going for a bit about why all the holes in the 1in tubes and then I went back and read your post and all was explained. :?
Nothing wrong with re-purposing stuff. I do it all the time as do many others here. Looks like a lot of work went into that cart but it won't fall apart, that's for sure. :D Good job. ;)
PhillerTime

electrode wrote:
PhillerTime wrote:
Nothing wrong with re-purposing stuff. I do it all the time as do many others here. Looks like a lot of work went into that cart but it won't fall apart, that's for sure. :D Good job. ;)

Thanks for the kind words!
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

Actually I have quite a few projects with misc. holes and slots from reclaimed angle iron bed frames from the metal recycle pile at the landfill. If anyone asks what they're for just say -well isn't it obvious and change the subject. :roll:
PhillerTime

homeboy wrote:Actually I have quite a few projects with misc. holes and slots from reclaimed angle iron bed frames from the metal recycle pile at the landfill. If anyone asks what they're for just say -well isn't it obvious and change the subject. :roll:
Really lol! I'm going to use that one.