It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:16 am Advanced search

band saw stand & welding chair

What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?

Re: band saw stand & welding chair

Postby One of a kind » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:10 pm

exnailpounder wrote:Welding isn't hard. No one here invented welding. We just keep reporting on what we do. In the welding world, I am just a broken shit fixer and every now and then I get to fab something but I love all of it. Welding lets me use my brain because I need to be a rudimentary metalurgist to do my job no matter what comes my way and then I need to know physics to make sure what I do isn't a waste of time and.....oh yeah...I need to do some math...don't want to step on anybodies meat here...to make sure I do the job right. There are far worse places for your mind to be than wanting to be a welder. 8-)

Pretty much the way I see it too exnailpounder.
One of a kind
Workhorse

Re: band saw stand & welding chair

Postby One of a kind » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:13 pm

LtBadd wrote:
One of a kind wrote:My belt grinder is a Dynabrade electric belt grinder. It's one of my handiest/favorite tools, it was a bit over $200 about 5 years ago as I recall. If I would have known at the time HF made one I would have given theirs a try. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Bandf ... B01M0VBVOD

Thanks for that link I never knew they made this in an electric version, last shop I worked had pneumatic Dynabrade belt grinders, they are the sh$t!!

For $60 this is a steal.

You're welcome, if my Dynabrade ever goes bad I'll give them a try. :lol:
One of a kind
Workhorse

Previous

Return to Welding Projects - Welding project Ideas - Welding project plans