What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:44 pm

exnailpounder wrote:Welding isn't hard. No one here invented welding. We just keep reporting on what we do. In the welding world, I am just a broken shit fixer and every now and then I get to fab something but I love all of it. Welding lets me use my brain because I need to be a rudimentary metalurgist to do my job no matter what comes my way and then I need to know physics to make sure what I do isn't a waste of time and.....oh yeah...I need to do some math...don't want to step on anybodies meat here...to make sure I do the job right. There are far worse places for your mind to be than wanting to be a welder. 8-)

Pretty much the way I see it too exnailpounder.
    Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:44 pm

LtBadd wrote:
One of a kind wrote: My belt grinder is a Dynabrade electric belt grinder. It's one of my handiest/favorite tools, it was a bit over $200 about 5 years ago as I recall. If I would have known at the time HF made one I would have given theirs a try. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Bandf ... B01M0VBVOD
Thanks for that link I never knew they made this in an electric version, last shop I worked had pneumatic Dynabrade belt grinders, they are the sh$t!!

For $60 this is a steal.
You're welcome, if my Dynabrade ever goes bad I'll give them a try. :lol:
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Lol, good luck on your Dynabrade wearing out, at least anytime soon. I've had their pneumatic version for years and it still performs as new, have one of their pneumatic DA polishers too bought used from a local plant that was using it 7 days a week, still going strong!...
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225