It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:15 am Advanced search

Aluminum boxes

What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?

Re: Aluminum boxes

Postby Otto Nobedder » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:00 pm

I'd rather have a welding burn than a paper cut any day. The paper cut, I'll forget until the parts cleaner hits it... :shock:

Steve S
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Postby Farmwelding » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:24 pm

Fun fact-if you are oxy fuelwelding and aren't wearing sleeves, be careful don't roll the filler wire onto your arm.

Or if you are using an abrasive chop saw and want to protect a lathe behind it from sparks don't use a cotton welding shirt-it lights up fast with all the Sparks.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby mcoe » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:25 am

Farmwelding wrote:Fun fact-if you are oxy fuelwelding and aren't wearing sleeves, be careful don't roll the filler wire onto your arm.

Or if you are using an abrasive chop saw and want to protect a lathe behind it from sparks don't use a cotton welding shirt-it lights up fast with all the Sparks.

Whatcha the opening at the cuff of a button up shirt, I was tigging a long bead and I slid my arm up on the piece and found that opening when I ran it across the bead lol
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
mcoe
Weldmonger

Postby Farmwelding » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:28 am

mcoe wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:Fun fact-if you are oxy fuelwelding and aren't wearing sleeves, be careful don't roll the filler wire onto your arm.

Whatcha the opening at the cuff of a button up shirt, I was tigging a long bead and I slid my arm up on the piece and found that opening when I ran it across the bead lol

You know the definition of insanity is doing something repeatedly and expecting different results. I guess burning ourselves over and over again makes us all insane. You'd think we'd figure out that metal is usually hot and sharp and the tools that cut them are sharp and the tools that cut them and weld them produce a lot of heat.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby exnailpounder » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:28 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:I'd rather have a welding burn than a paper cut any day. The paper cut, I'll forget until the parts cleaner hits it... :shock:

Steve S

My hands get dried out and the skin sometimes cracks near my nails and same thing...don't even notice til I soak a rag with acetone.....then I notice! :shock:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
exnailpounder
Weldmonger

Postby Mihtu » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:04 am

Really nice looking projects,I love diamond plate,square tube and angle,it's just alot of fun to work with,just built my first couple of projects with the stuff,they turned out great,I cut the plate with plasma and a straight edge,but I have wondered about the saws,I wouldn't mind trying one out,you ever bend any of the square tube,I made a bender that works pretty good,anyhow great looking builds
Attachments
20170309_223030.jpg
20170309_223030.jpg (39 KiB) Viewed 363 times
Mihtu

Previous

Return to Welding Projects - Welding project Ideas - Welding project plans