What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:44 pm

motox I done the same thing, sometimes I just like the challenge of building something. I don't have the room to keep all the projects I've built over the years, some have been re-purposed and some are left outside, if in time they are not used they go to dump. It's not possible to sell things where I live, it's a small farming community, most farmers have there own fully equipped weld shops and are pretty good at fabricating. I don't like bringing strangers around my place so I won't use Craig's list or news papers to sell things, people are bat crazy nuts today.

North of me a man and his wife lost their lives over selling their Harley Davidson.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Ditto I'm not a Craig's lister.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Craigslist is a hit and miss. We sell a ton of crap on the farm and no issues. Might depend on area and what you are selling. We sell farm equipment and we sell it near fargo. Maybe people who have these issues with killing people don't scroll through farm equipment.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Great job on the forge One of a kind. I too, do not sell on Craigslist unless the item is something I can haul over to a meeting spot like a WalMart or Lowes etc. I was selling an old lathe once and this older guy comes by to see it but then tries to tell me he "has too many kids" so he wants the lathe but none of the stuff that went with it, for a much lower price. Then he starts looking at all my other stuff in the shop and asks a bunch of questions not related to the sale. Basically wasting my time. I tell him the lathe is for sale with all the accessories and the price is what I told him and he can always sell the accessories if he doesn't want them. Then he says he doesn't know if it will fit in his shed...Arrgghh. After that, no more idiots allowed to the house or workshop. :x

Can't be to safe these days, they could come back and steal your stuff. One man had his racing motorcycles and chain saw stolen by people he raced with. The one thief tried to sell his saw in the plant where the owner of the bikes and saw worked, fellow workers who knew the owner of the motorcycles and saw and of the crime allerted the owner, the cops got involved and the thief led them to a garage in another county filled with other peoples stolen property. You never know what some people have up their sleeve.
    Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:53 pm

one of a kind, you do great work!!!
I built my wife a forge from a break drum off of a dump truck and bought a ton of coal and several hundred dollars worth of tools over a year ago and she hasn't touched it. I fired it up 2 or 3 weeks ago and I enjoyed it but like you I have to many other projects going to devote time to it right now.

again, pretty work.

creek
the heck with the duty cycle on the welder, tell me about the duty cycle on that grinder !!
Mihtu
    Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:01 am

That's pretty cool,I have seen a drum forge before,not quite as nice as yours,really nice job!
PeteM
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

That could easily become the worlds most powerful backyard steak cooker.

From mooing to done in mere moments!

Thank you guys, sorry I haven't checked in for awhile. I though about making it into a BBq, I have a motorized spit from an old grill I could use. :)
Jess
    Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:20 pm

That looks awesome! I built a small one (didn't use brake drum):
IMG_3047.JPG
IMG_3047.JPG (85.22 KiB) Viewed 1651 times
Forney C5 Arc Welder
Lincoln Idealarc 250-250 Ac/Dc Arc Welder

Forney O/A Rig