What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

I followed Jamie's build and used what i had on hand. These really work well. I was able to bring a gallon of water to a full boil. A lottle clean up and paint......done.

exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

:lol: NIce work. I am laughing because someone else posted their stove in "what I welded today like 5 minutes before you did". Good job though...they work great but forget about trying to keep paint on it.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Yep forget the paint-when you have that hot of a fire-ain't no way no paint is staying on there for long.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Yeah......i figured paint might be a little hard.
bruce991
    Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:31 pm

exnailpounder wrote::lol: NIce work. I am laughing because someone else posted their stove in "what I welded today like 5 minutes before you did". Good job though...they work great but forget about trying to keep paint on it.

That would be me, LOL, I haven't decided upon the feeder tube being maybe 20 degrees up or flat. Looks good whatever works, I know I will use mine at camp. Mine breaks down to fit in a bucket.
Attachments
Rocket stove in bucket.JPG
Rocket stove in bucket.JPG (53.71 KiB) Viewed 2181 times
Rocket stove project top view.JPG
Rocket stove project top view.JPG (68.45 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

Couple years ago I built a box stove for the big shop. The box is 2ftx3ft with firebrick and a 3/4 length shelf 4in down from the top. On top is a 12in sq. X2ft6in. heat exchanger with a pipe thermometer in the end. There are 3 adjustable air inlets with one being an auxillery perforated tube at the top of the firebox. No problem according to the thermometer getting north of 1400 degrees in the exchanger with decent wood! As for paint it's just Beauty-Tone high heat rated for 1200 degrees so there must be some redundancy. The exterior flue temperature will be cooler due to convection air flow around the outside I have no idea the temps a rocket stove hits but that may give you an idea on the paint . Mine still looks good as new. 8-) :ugeek:
Fergy
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:56 pm

Nice work! A big fan of the rocket stove technology, so much I am currently working on a microprocessor to control the heat dissipation and automatic wood feed of one of these things. Just about finished with programming, working terrific. Good looking welds.