What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Popeye the old miner
    Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

If the old bar is wore too thin what will happen in most cases is the old bar will peel off the bucket from the heat when welding it. I generally cut the old ones off if they are worn down to less than half the thickness of the new stuff, especially if the pieces are wrapped around the bucket, wrapping then sets up a lot of stresses in that stuff, especially if its AR plate like we use out on the mountain , you gotts heat it up red and beat the crap out of it with dogs and wedges, pull it back with a comalong and just generally abuse the crap out of it til you get in place...then hope it all stays put while you weld it.
    Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:52 pm

I love doing Buckets lol I've found that shop air and lots of pounding on the plates with a good Hammer helps but it needs to be dry If not it just makes more mud. in the wet case I will usually warm up the repair area first with the old Rosebud then the air and BFH ( BIG FAT HAMMER ) Hope it helps
My Grandfather Used to say "Grinding a weld to make it pretty doesn't make you a Welder. It makes you a Grinder!"
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

DrDogwood wrote:I love doing Buckets lol I've found that shop air and lots of pounding on the plates with a good Hammer helps but it needs to be dry If not it just makes more mud. in the wet case I will usually warm up the repair area first with the old Rosebud then the air and BFH ( BIG FAT HAMMER ) Hope it helps
IMG_0540.JPG
IMG_0540.JPG (73.56 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
BFH check.

Cheers
-EB
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid