What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:08 am

20170405_165914.jpg
20170405_165914.jpg (43.26 KiB) Viewed 1541 times
At work we built some lawn chairs for a client. To say that they are sturdy would be an understatement, as they would serve as great cover during an "active shooter" situation and will in all likelihood stay put during an F tornado. The body is made from half inch steel plate and the back and seat are 1 1/2 x1 1/2 inch ipe wood. It takes three guys a lot of grunting to move them around, but you should always find them where you left them!
Last edited by WoodpeckerWelder on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Why is there never time to do anything right the first time but always time to do it again?"
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Sounds like lawn chairs they could use in Chicago. Or then again, worth too much in scrap.

Do they have d-rings with massive chains holding them to a concrete pillar as well :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Farmwelding wrote:Sounds like lawn chairs they could use in Chicago. Or then again, worth too much in scrap.

Do they have d-rings with massive chains holding them to a concrete pillar as well :lol:
No d-rings, but they do have a 1 1/2" hole to run the chain through. I think if someone wants to steal them that they should be granted ownership of they can carry them away with two people, cause you REALLY have to want them bad just to pick them up!
"Why is there never time to do anything right the first time but always time to do it again?"
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

1/2" plate steel? Who was thinking what? The Ipe alone is heavy enough to make transport difficult... I hope someone treated the metal because it will rust and badly discolor the Ipe from below.

cj737 wrote:1/2" plate steel? Who was thinking what? The Ipe alone is heavy enough to make transport difficult... I hope someone treated the metal because it will rust and badly discolor the Ipe from below.
They are going to be feature pieces in a public space, and have been to the finish department. They are designed to oxidize and take on a patina as time goes on. You are right about the ipe, those slats weigh about 60 pounds by themselves. The body, several hundred.

WoodpeckerWelder wrote: They are going to be feature pieces in a public space, and have been to the finish department. They are designed to oxidize and take on a patina as time goes on. You are right about the ipe, those slats weigh about 60 pounds by themselves. The body, several hundred.
What is ipe?
Richard
Website

LtBadd wrote:
WoodpeckerWelder wrote: They are going to be feature pieces in a public space, and have been to the finish department. They are designed to oxidize and take on a patina as time goes on. You are right about the ipe, those slats weigh about 60 pounds by themselves. The body, several hundred.
What is ipe?
I didn't know either, so I looked it up. http://www.wood-database.com/ipe/

Learned something today. That makes it a good day.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

we used a lot of it for porch decks back on the jersey shore
before i retired.
craig
htp invertig 221