What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Die electric flange kits for bolting up flanges use a plastic sleeve that looks like a big straw ( about the same material and thickness) to go around the bolts. And then fiber washers that look like circuit board material. About 1/8 thick.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Poland308 wrote:Die electric flange kits for bolting up flanges use a plastic sleeve that looks like a big straw ( about the same material and thickness) to go around the bolts. And then fiber washers that look like circuit board material. About 1/8 thick.
That would certainly save some time. I'm gonna check McMaster-Carr this morning.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

I am using something like these with my build...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Glastic-2015- ... Swol5Y3Dne
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I Used a set of rubber mounts like that for a pedestal grinder that I built it makes it kind of hard to tension the belt because it begins to sideload the rubber grommets.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
exnailpounder

LtBadd wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:
motox wrote:jeff
you have a lath, fab up some nylon bungs to separate metal from bolts.
craig
I was thinking about some Delrin sleeves and thrust washers..would Delrin be a good choice? I know it's very machinable.
Sounds like you may already have an answer, I haven't gotten that far. :(

Question, may be stupid, even with a metal frame if the ground strap remains on the shaft, wouldn't the current take the most direct path (of least resistance)?
All you have to do is isolate your motor. My set up is different.
exnailpounder

20170501_123827.jpg
20170501_123827.jpg (52.97 KiB) Viewed 1110 times
20170501_125329.jpg
20170501_125329.jpg (56.14 KiB) Viewed 1110 times
I got mine wired up and running today. All the motor parts and right-angle drive were all inside of that box laying on the floor so I have had to build all new brackets for mine...then I managed to lose the wiring diagram I made :? This is going to be an ongoing, no hurry to get it done kind of a deal. I am going to machine up some pulleys out of acetyl copolymer for pulleys to isolate the drive motor. Don't know how I'm gonna do it all yet but it will be slick when it's done.