It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:28 am Advanced search

Aussie sheds

What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?

Re: Aussie sheds

Postby AndersK » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 am

That's what I call a personal project :mrgreen:

Looking good indeed.

Do you need to weld under code for structural in Oz?
AndersK
Weldmonger

Postby uzz32soarer » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:23 am

Coldman wrote:You've taken on a huge personal project, kudos. Looking good and you have heaps of equipment at your disposal.

A couple of things to consider:
- have you removed mill scale from steel prior to mig welding?

- have you cut up a sample weld for macro inspection to confirm your procedure is resulting in good penetration (strength of weld)?

- what are the risks of keeping a large origin lpg cylinder in close proximity to mig welding operations?

Food for thought. Thanks for posting.

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input.

Yes, mill scale removed and welding area surface ground prior to welding.

Yes, did a penetration exmination on a but welded 10mm to 10mm cleat using my welding settings 3/1/4.5 and all looked good.

Yes, bottle is empty and waiting for a replacement. It's my heater and it's been a bit fresh here.
uzz32soarer

Postby weldin mike 27 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:00 am

Great looking set up. Lots of us, myself included have the wish to do things like this, but I lack money and gumption to do it. You seem to have those areas sorted. I whole heartedly agree with the cad profile cutting. Trying to drill and cut all that stuff is a nightmare. What are you going to put in those sheds?
weldin mike 27
Weldmonger

Postby uzz32soarer » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:01 am

weldin mike 27 wrote:Great looking set up. Lots of us, myself included have the wish to do things like this, but I lack money and gumption to do it. You seem to have those areas sorted. I whole heartedly agree with the cad profile cutting. Trying to drill and cut all that stuff is a nightmare. What are you going to put in those sheds?

Got a few cars and just love making stuff so a bloke needs a bit of space.
uzz32soarer

Postby weldin mike 27 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:28 am

Absolutely. I really want a bigger shed. With reliable and lighting. And maybe a ac dc tig, and a lathe and.....
weldin mike 27
Weldmonger

Postby Harry72 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:33 am

"just love making stuff so a bloke needs a bit of space"

Amen to that brother ;)

I got a 80x40' built a few years back... only ever got to store cars and wood in it because now after fighting with the banks and current economic property climate we have given up on building a house on our 10ac block.
Have brought a established place with about 7 sheds(ranging from a 20x25' up to a 80x30') and two houses one of them being a B&B all on 16ac!
Harry72
Workhorse

Postby MinnesotaDave » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:51 am

Excellent - love big buildings to work in....now if only a had a big building....

Oh well, I make do with about 30' x 32'
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
MinnesotaDave
Weldmonger

Postby OzFlo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:39 pm

uzz32soarer wrote: Got a few cars and just love making stuff so a bloke needs a bit of space.

You're my new hero! :D That's a significant project you have there.. nice work! And you are gonna make a few of us blokes a little green with envy at the amount of room you have.. My single car garage is my workshop and it is VERY full.. no room for the car anymore! :lol:

And welcome to the forum mate!

Flo
OzFlo
Guide

Postby Farmwelding » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:12 pm

MinnesotaDave wrote:Excellent - love big buildings to work in....now if only a had a big building....

Oh well, I make do with about 30' x 32'

That's how i feel in my high school shop. It's about 300 sq ft. bigger than yours but that is split between woods and metals and with various people. Come up to the farm and have a 80'x60' and 20' tall shop I think to work in with an office and bathroom. Except most of that room is filled with machinery and junk.

Even if I had the time I wouldn't have the ambition to work on this project so kudos to you. I don't do well with heights and I'm sure it is sweltering hot in Aussie. Hope it all works out for you. I'm sure it will seeing how you decided to take the project on.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby cj737 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:49 am

Farmwelding wrote:...and I'm sure it is sweltering hot in Aussie.

Time for a Geography lesson, FarmBoy. Oz is in the Southern Hemisphere and its currently the dead of winter there. Depending upon where in Oz he is, I suspect its rather chilly. In fact, his beautiful bride, Suzy is bundled up in a knit cap and fleece. Probably not welding gear ;)
cj737
Weldmonger

PreviousNext

Return to Welding Projects - Welding project Ideas - Welding project plans