What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Hi Folks,
This is the first barbecue grill I have built. I credit Allen's Welding https://www.youtube.com/user/underthehood1000
for teaching me how to do it. Welding Tips and Tricks, Weld.com, and other YouTube heroes have also been incredibly helpful. YouTube is an amazing thing. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqq70A ... ApS_m_6mPw
I am currently building a new design barrel grill that will be a real original I believe.
I am also building my first metal sculptures, and I through together a new computer desk for my wife.
I am a traumatic brain injury survivor. 6 years ago, I had a full time job and owned two internet businesses earning approx. 120k annually. In 2011 I was riding in the back seat of a truck when we were hit from behind and I wound up with brain damage.
I haven't worked since, but I'm not homeless because i have a great wife and she has a good job.
In the last two years I have been tooling up and I built a shop. I have been studying YouTube and learning fabrication.
I now feel like I can earn some extra cash for the family by building and selling things.
Forums like this are a wealth of generosity. In another time, I would have become an alcoholic and died because there would have been no hope. Instead, because of people all over the world sharing their skills and knowledge, I have plenty of hope and enthusiasm. https://www.instagram.com/p/BZVo8IfnxKj ... cotty_babb
By the way, I did apply for Social Security Disability, but was denied.
Attachments
21227757_2039827769637775_4945263831816339456_n.jpg
21227757_2039827769637775_4945263831816339456_n.jpg (62.75 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
AKmud
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

You are off to a great start! Welding is very therapeutic for me. It's very satisfying being able to turn a pile of metal into something useful. Good luck with your fabricating!
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

Looks good and I'am sure more durable than the cookie cutter store bought stuff. I find the best part is the planning and seeing a project come together always checking for little tweeks in the process to make it better. Curious if you built your own burners? Many years ago I built a set out of 1in square tubing that outlived many lifetimes of the original stainless crap. The expressions on the metal sculptures faces are interesting. 8-)
    Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:44 pm

No burners, I'm charcoal all the way. In the future i may build a barbecue grill that has a griddle attached and then I'll put on a propane burner, but I'm sure I'll us a store bought burner.
OzFlo
    Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Nice job! And I just want to say that you are SO MUCH MORE than a brain injury survivor! Don't let that define you! Look at what you were able to create.. and I bet this is just the start.. Well done! But more importantly.. have you fired her up yet? (and I'm talking about the barbie and not the missus!!) :D
Popeye the old miner
    Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Nice work you did there, and kudos to you for not giving up, its guys like you the next generation needs to look to for inspiration
Tommy2069
    Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:03 am

i too am disabled and i was on disability but ended up going back to work. i do recomend that you not post pics of anything work related if your applying for disabilty.they do search the web for stuff and if they see pics of work your doing they will deny your claim.as for as the pic it looks nice and im sure it's goona grill a nice steak.keep up the good work.
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

Tommy2069 wrote:i too am disabled and i was on disability but ended up going back to work. i do recomend that you not post pics of anything work related if your applying for disabilty.they do search the web for stuff and if they see pics of work your doing they will deny your claim.as for as the pic it looks nice and im sure it's goona grill a nice steak.keep up the good work.
Yes indeed. The cockroaches that work for those outfits are under the illusion that it's THEIR money.Real gems.
Allen is old school. He can flat get some work done with the few tools he has. The guy is bad to the bone with a torch !