What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Bradk
    Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:09 am

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (82.45 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
A project completed from a Welding Tips and Tricks video (3 leg shop stool). I of course spent too much to build my version but that is because I had it powder coated and I had an upholstery pad and add a leather seat. Jody of course uses a bottle of stool softener as a spoof. Here is my version.

Brad
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Looking good! I don't know if I measure up to rest my posterior on that. Should go into the parlor.
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
Bradk

This is the stool before it went into the beauty parlor
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (113.21 KiB) Viewed 2728 times
gwbruce
    Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:41 pm

I really like that. It gives me some ideas. I see a winter project in my future. :P
Bradk

gwbruce,
Yes it was a great little project which Jody has under his "projects" video section on his site. What I like about the stool is that it has a real good range of height adjustment. I have a Tab and Slot "Fab Block" that I weld at quite a bit and it works very well for that and I am sure other weld tables as well. I followed Jody's advice from the video and pulse welded the seams on the seat pan, tight fit up/no filler rod worked great! Enjoy your build!
Cheers,
Brad
gwbruce
    Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Thanks Brad, I'll check out the project section.
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

Due to increasing mass due to ageing in most mortals some bracing may be of benefit leg to leg just above the feet.
This mass increase is most noticeable to motorcyclists when after riding season they put their leathers away in the cupboard for an extended period.
When next pulled out the leathers are demonstrably smaller.
Experts are divided on does the cupboard make things smaller or lack of riding make people bigger.

Cheers
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....
Bradk

ex framie,
My 3 leg stool is stiff as a rock, I don't believe any extra bracing would be necessary even for the stoutest of men! No flex what so ever (thick wall tubing on legs)

Brad