What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Made for my new tig welder and cooler
I hope my attachments will show here.
Attachments
How my filler wire is labeled
How my filler wire is labeled
weld (3 of 4).jpg (172.13 KiB) Viewed 1705 times
Here it's all loaded with a new stainless drawer for my gas lenses and shorter filler wire
Here it's all loaded with a new stainless drawer for my gas lenses and shorter filler wire
weld (4 of 4).jpg (246.72 KiB) Viewed 1705 times
Before I loaded it
Before I loaded it
weld (1 of 4).jpg (219.11 KiB) Viewed 1705 times
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
dmcnally
    Sun May 22, 2016 11:45 am

thumbs-up-02.jpg
thumbs-up-02.jpg (16.33 KiB) Viewed 1690 times

thumbs-up-sign.png
thumbs-up-sign.png (37.42 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
Richard
Website
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Look at that we got both a right and a left thumbs up! Siskel and Ebert think it’s great.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

Thanks guys for the thumbs up!
BTW... it's better than rotten tomatoes! :lol:
Everlast 210 EXT

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
aland
    Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 pm

td,

Would like to see some details on your axles and/or how you mounted that bottle on there.

I have a 125cfm tank I will mount to my cart.

My cart will be 12" x 28", with the upper frame being 20", so 12" W x 8" D for the tank/filler-storage.

For extra credit, did you make those filler canister/holders or buy them? I need some storage for that, I was thinking to just buy the ones at my LWS, they sell them for about $15/ea, I only need a couple. I like how they have a rubber to seal them. I only have one for my electrodes right now. I don't want to clutter your thread up with my rough plan, I will probably start another thread. But certainly would like to hear more about your cart.

This will be my first tig project. :)

Alan

aland wrote:td,

Would like to see some details on your axles and/or how you mounted that bottle on there.

I have a 125cfm tank I will mount to my cart.

My cart will be 12" x 28", with the upper frame being 20", so 12" W x 8" D for the tank/filler-storage.

For extra credit, did you make those filler canister/holders or buy them? I need some storage for that, I was thinking to just buy the ones at my LWS, they sell them for about $15/ea, I only need a couple. I like how they have a rubber to seal them. I only have one for my electrodes right now. I don't want to clutter your thread up with my rough plan, I will probably start another thread. But certainly would like to hear more about your cart.

This will be my first tig project. :)

Alan
My tank is a 175 but the same dia. as yours
The cart (frame) btm frame 12 1/4" X 31 3/4", upper frame (15" above btm frame) 10 3/8" X 23" total height 35 1/4"

The filler rod tubes are nothing more than 1 1/2" thin wall PVC pipe with caps

BTW.... This was my first TIG project too!
Attachments
Axle was welded on top of a 1/4" X 2" strap to bring them to the same height as my front casters. This strap is also the main support for the tank. Now is even stronger with the axle welded to it. The axle was welded flush with the back of the strap to maintain squareness. My wheels are held on with pressed on caps with 1/2" spacers behind the wheels
Axle was welded on top of a 1/4" X 2" strap to bring them to the same height as my front casters. This strap is also the main support for the tank. Now is even stronger with the axle welded to it. The axle was welded flush with the back of the strap to maintain squareness. My wheels are held on with pressed on caps with 1/2" spacers behind the wheels
Axle.jpg (91 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
This is how I attached the tank to the cart. They are 1/4-20 feet; but they are self adjusting to what ever they rest against.  Theses feet are attached to a 1 1/2" X 2" tubing that is held in place by 2 screws.
This is how I attached the tank to the cart. They are 1/4-20 feet; but they are self adjusting to what ever they rest against. Theses feet are attached to a 1 1/2" X 2" tubing that is held in place by 2 screws.
tank supports.jpg (57.66 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
Here, the 2 screws have been removed and the support is being removed.
Here, the 2 screws have been removed and the support is being removed.
tank sup undo.jpg (81.64 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
Everlast 210 EXT

CJ737
aland

td,

It's amazing how similar the carts are, I had seen a few carts, but I just started drawing this on paper and what I came up with. Yours is very similar size, single bottle, it's very close to what I came up with. I had thought of welding the axle on in a very similar fashion, or even just stubs welded into the frame, hadn't fully decided yet.

I see how those pads work on the gas bottle, is that easy enough to adjust when you refill the bottle? Have you refilled your bottle yet? Was just curious. Looks simple and secure.

Thanks for the extra pics, they help!

Alan

aland wrote:td,

It's amazing how similar the carts are, I had seen a few carts, but I just started drawing this on paper and what I came up with. Yours is very similar size, single bottle, it's very close to what I came up with. I had thought of welding the axle on in a very similar fashion, or even just stubs welded into the frame, hadn't fully decided yet.

I see how those pads work on the gas bottle, is that easy enough to adjust when you refill the bottle? Have you refilled your bottle yet? Was just curious. Looks simple and secure.

Thanks for the extra pics, they help!

Alan
A single axles keeps the wheels parallel.
I never have to adjustment the pads; the cylinder diameter is always the same.
I go through (so far) a bottle a month. So the bottle shown, is my 2nd and by the end of the week I will be on my 3rd bottle. Haven't used my mig in months!!

Glad to help!!
BTW... Make sure you put on at least one braking caster wheel.
Everlast 210 EXT

CJ737
aland

tungstendipper wrote:A single axles keeps the wheels parallel.
Yes, I will have 2 non-swiveling lawnmower style wheels on the rear, as you. I got some from Harbor Freight that said steel hubs, but it's a small washer in the center of a plastic hub...:-/ I might try and bore them out and stuff a bearing in each wheel, but as-is they say 1100 lbs. I don't know if that's true... :roll:
tungstendipper wrote:I never have to adjustment the pads; the cylinder diameter is always the same.
I go through (so far) a bottle a month. So the bottle shown, is my 2nd and by the end of the week I will be on my 3rd bottle. Haven't used my mig in months!!
I understand now, the entire back opens up and pushes back in place. That looks simple enough.
tungstendipper wrote:BTW... Make sure you put on at least one braking caster wheel.
Yes, plan is for 2 in the front to be swiveling with a brake on each. However, I may need to steal those front casters as I dragged home a small welding table I used to use, I dragged it down to a yard I have where I store stuff. Dragged it back home along with a handful of different blacksmith tongs, a couple vises to use while welding, etc...I had a leg vise I was almost gonna bring home, but the table will do for most stuff, I will cut it down and put casters on it so I can move it around easily. That one will probably get 4 swiveling casters with brakes.

This small welding table which I welded many moons ago is pretty fugly, but it functions and will help me get the welding cart built.

Alan
PhillerTime
    Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:15 am

Great job!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk