What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

They didn't say that was a defect if the top bowed the stiffeners?
They did say it was a defect. That's why they gave me the 1/4" top at cost.
BTW... They are great people to deal with.
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
aland
    Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 pm

tungstendipper wrote:They did say it was a defect. That's why they gave me the 1/4" top at cost.
All that said, I still think they provide a pretty good value for what they offer.

I see you have the ProTable also, don't those come with 3/16" normally? I didn't know they could make a 1/4" top, I don't think they offer that option on their website.

I did mentioned the FabBlocks have 3 sizes, as I recall, but I considered that a plus with the blocks. I guess if they would upgrade the ProTables that would be a plus also. the real value in the blocks and mix/match what you like, lots of options.

Even still, does the Adjustable Fab Square seem like a good value at $39.99 ? I was considering getting it with the ProTable when I order it...I would spend more time and money reproducing the same wheel... :roll:

https://weldtables.com/products/8x8x3-a ... u-weld-kit

Alan

aland wrote:
tungstendipper wrote:They did say it was a defect. That's why they gave me the 1/4" top at cost.
All that said, I still think they provide a pretty good value for what they offer.

I see you have the ProTable also, don't those come with 3/16" normally? I didn't know they could make a 1/4" top, I don't think they offer that option on their website.

I did mentioned the FabBlocks have 3 sizes, as I recall, but I considered that a plus with the blocks. I guess if they would upgrade the ProTables that would be a plus also. the real value in the blocks and mix/match what you like, lots of options.

Even still, does the Adjustable Fab Square seem like a good value at $39.99 ? I was considering getting it with the ProTable when I order it...I would spend more time and money reproducing the same wheel... :roll:

https://weldtables.com/products/8x8x3-a ... u-weld-kit

Alan
I didn't want to sound like Certiflat tables are bad. My table, now that I have used it, and flattened it, using all my different home-made clamps, is one of the top tools I've have ever bought. I now can clamp my work to my new table that I've never been able to do. Everyday, I'm amazed how precisely the table and clamps holds the work in every configuration. I would recommend a Certflat to anyone!

The 3/16 top is what it came with and I added a 1/4 top on top of the 3/16". I wanted the FabBlock 3'x4' but I had no way of flipping it over to clamp and weld the bottom. It was just to heavy weld without an overhead crane. The fab block is what I would recommend to you because of the wide sides and the ability to clamp work to them.

The adjustable square looks great, and a deal for 40 bucks. For tacking it's fine; I don't know if it could stand up to the forces of a welds pulling.
Attachments
here's an example of tacking a cap on a tube using a clamp from a miter saw and a stop. Without my new table this would be a little harder.
here's an example of tacking a cap on a tube using a clamp from a miter saw and a stop. Without my new table this would be a little harder.
end clamp.jpg (119.18 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
Everlast 210 EXT

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
aland

tungstendipper wrote:I didn't want to sound like Certiflat tables are bad. My table, now that I have used it, and flattened it, using all my different home-made clamps, is one of the top tools I've have ever bought. I now can clamp my work to my new table that I've never been able to do. Everyday, I'm amazed how precisely the table and clamps holds the work in every configuration. I would recommend a Certflat to anyone!
I think I misunderstood where you were coming from, but I want one and couldn't agree more about being able to clamp things straight and flat and be able to build $#!T in general. That is what it's all about at the end of the day... :D
tungstendipper wrote:The 3/16 top is what it came with and I added a 1/4 top on top of the 3/16".
Oh, I didn't realize you have both. Did they make special tabs for the bottom structure to extend through both layers of the top?
tungstendipper wrote:I wanted the FabBlock 3'x4' but I had no way of flipping it over to clamp and weld the bottom. It was just to heavy weld without an overhead crane. The fab block is what I would recommend to you because of the wide sides and the ability to clamp work to them.
I would do it with an engine hoist. I have a 8,000 lb. rough terrain forklift, but it's not at my house... :roll:

I don't want something so big, a 2'x2' would be good for me and I could still add FabWings on it after the fact.
tungstendipper wrote:The adjustable square looks great, and a deal for 40 bucks. For tacking it's fine; I don't know if it could stand up to the forces of a welds pulling.
I thought it looks convenient for small stuff. I wish I had one now that I could use to use for practice welding. My little table will do and I could always weld something at an angle so I could simulate the same thing. When i order my table I'm gonna get one.

Alan

Oh, I didn't realize you have both. Did they make special tabs for the bottom structure to extend through both layers of the top?
You need to read my past posts on this. :D
Everlast 210 EXT

CJ737
aland

tungstendipper wrote:
You need to read my past posts on this. :D
Ok, I will dig that up...this little table I made is working out good for me so far, but I want to get a Certiflat eventually, like I said.