What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

If you have a shop, the one thing we all have in common, is not enough room. Need, always out weighs the space it will take to store it, not to mention using it. So this is my solution to this problem.
Attachments
Here the chop saw is in the storage position. I had to weld the adjoining table; because of the extra weight cantilevered out, the bolts could not hold it square.
Here the chop saw is in the storage position. I had to weld the adjoining table; because of the extra weight cantilevered out, the bolts could not hold it square.
Chop down.jpg (127.51 KiB) Viewed 840 times
Here you can see the adjustable down braces that store underneath the existing table. The adjustable braces allows adjustments to level the table in 2 axis. I also added a adjustable stop, to make repeatable cuts.
Here you can see the adjustable down braces that store underneath the existing table. The adjustable braces allows adjustments to level the table in 2 axis. I also added a adjustable stop, to make repeatable cuts.
Chop up.jpg (122.29 KiB) Viewed 840 times
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737

Good solution, what do you think of the evo380? Evolution is coming out with a evo185 which looks like the same except it takes a 7-1/4" blade
Richard
Website

LtBadd wrote:Good solution, what do you think of the evo380? Evolution is coming out with a evo185 which looks like the same except it takes a 7-1/4" blade
It is very cheaply built and this is the better one, the $400.00 (amazon) with a casted base rather than a stamped steel base. The motor brush cap just fell off; It was the wrong cap and was smaller so I used teflon tape to increase it's diameter. The spacer, that covers the threads, which allows you to pull back the vise jaws keeps rotating out of it's perch. It does cut well and ten times better, and clearer than an abrasive cut off saw.

The Evo 185 would be very limited of the size of material it can cut. Buy the 14" chop saw. My saw can cut a 4" X 6" I beam. Very close to what my old band saw could cut. I wanted the Makita but it only has a 12" blade.
Everlast 210 EXT

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

tungstendipper wrote:
LtBadd wrote:Good solution, what do you think of the evo380? Evolution is coming out with a evo185 which looks like the same except it takes a 7-1/4" blade
It is very cheaply built and this is the better one, the $400.00 (amazon) with a casted base rather than a stamped steel base. The motor brush cap just fell off; It was the wrong cap and was smaller so I used teflon tape to increase it's diameter. The spacer, that covers the threads, which allows you to pull back the vise jaws keeps rotating out of it's perch. It does cut well and ten times better, and clearer than an abrasive cut off saw.

The Evo 185 would be very limited of the size of material it can cut. Buy the 14" chop saw. My saw can cut a 4" X 6" I beam. Very close to what my old band saw could cut. I wanted the Makita but it only has a 12" blade.
Agree on the 14in if you are cutting serious stuff. The 185 might make a neat portable for small stuff. On the 380 unless it changed you can gain a bit of blade cutting width at the deck if needed by putting in a slightly shorter down travel stop bolt as long as you still clear the chip drawer. Fold up saw mount pretty ingenious. Assuming you use an adjustable roller stand to hold the longer material?

Yes, the whole works is on a mobile stand. Thanks for your comments.
Everlast 210 EXT

CJ737