What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Homemade
    Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:31 am

I’m looking for some nuts to weld to adjustable table legs. Do you know if fastenal... or any of the fastener supplier sells nuts without the zinc coating?

This is for a run of 100pcs. I wouldn’t bother with it for just 4 legs.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Considered stainless steel nuts?
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

They are available, don't have a source, but I do have a customer that provides them with a part I do, and it makes welding so much easier
Richard
Website
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Fastensal, stainless as suggested. Be careful to not have a stainless bolt in the nut when welding else it will fuse permanently due to the heat. Use some thread release and a black oxide if you need to align the nut exactly.

My customer gets them from Fastenal, as CJ wrote, be careful if you go the stainless route, I'm sure the sst is going to be $$$
Richard
Website
    Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:37 pm

Homemade wrote:I’m looking for some nuts to weld to adjustable table legs. Do you know if fastenal... or any of the fastener supplier sells nuts without the zinc coating?

Yes
Try grade 5 or 8 typically they come black

I just weld with or without plating
Just do welding out side

Dave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
Franz©
    Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:02 pm

Square steel nuts - not plated. Gives you maximum meat to weld to at the corners. Most suppliers have wo9odewn kegs of them stashed next to the kegs of iron rivets.

If you use hex nuts run a threaded carbon rod into the nut for thread protection. Knich the carbon out when finished welding and you're usually good to go.
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Search for DIN 929 weld nut.
Here's a vendor in Ohio http://www.branamfastening.com/product- ... oCXF7w_wcB

Uncoated and has a small guide making them self centering. Bolt in last pic is just for keeping the clamp away.
IMG_20180424_58846.jpg
IMG_20180424_58846.jpg (14.88 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
IMG_20170226_36343~2.jpg
IMG_20170226_36343~2.jpg (55.01 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
Homemade
    Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:31 am

I don’t have a picture. The leg is made of 1.5” square stock. The adjustable foot is 3/4” lead screw. I need to weld the top of the lead screw, but the nut has to be small enough to pass three the lead screw nut. This way I can completely remove the adjustable foot and get the square tube leg powder coated. I’m thinking a 1/2” nut will fit threw. I have to do some sizing.
    Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:51 am

Homemade wrote:I’m looking for some nuts to weld to adjustable table legs. Do you know if fastenal... or any of the fastener supplier sells nuts without the zinc coating?
Weld-nuts are specifically made for this purpose:

https://www.fastenal.com/products/faste ... Nuts%22%7C~

Some have extra tabs or feet to make welding them easier.

Bye, Arno.
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

Call them. You know. Like on a telefono tingie. Load up. They have EVERYTHING
https://www.albanycountyfasteners.com
ljdm1956
    Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Yeah, it might be childish, but seeing the title of this thread "Untreated Nuts", my advice would be see a doctor?
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff