What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
karlevo8
    Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:28 pm

heres a pic of a vent ive been making had to make 6, there for 1936 wagon lit rail coaches same as the orient express train im really impressed with how they came out seemings as i only had mig with 1mm wire witch was interesting tig would have been ideal but wasnt available some times you just have to use wot you got
the vent was made from 1mm steel with 1.5mm for the base and flu tube no rollers all hand and hammer shaped

ogorir
    Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:04 pm

nice, sometimes it's more fun to make things with a hammer and some post dollies than a more modern approach. I have some beads to put in a floor pan, perhaps I'll do a few by hand. I haven't done any repousse in a while.
karlevo8

i must admit i do get lazy and use machines to much ,but do enjoy oldskool methods
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

That's nice work.

I'm guessing it was a fun project, too. While nobody welds because they hate it, some jobs are just jobs. Others are a pleasure to do.

Is this for a restoration, or a replica?

Steve
karlevo8

the coach went away for a film job ,the haulage company took the coach under a bridge ,end of the original vents and 6 roof panels so the vents were copied from the existing vents
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

So this was ultimately for a movie prop? That's really cool; You'll get to see your work on the big screen. :D

Was the damaged coach an original?

Steve
karlevo8

the coaches were in the recent poirot film murder on the orient express, 4 coachs were used 2 of the coaches had a full repanal ,window frames etc with some structual work before the film nothing was props all real deal took about year and a bit, apart from shots inside the coach witch were done in a studio ,then they wrecked the roofs on the way back to us
the coaches date around 1936 they are in wagon lit livery but never ran on the orient express but other routes i beleive
Ace Welder

Wow this is super cool, really nice work karlevo8
Ace Custom Fabrication A Calgary Welding Company.
TheExpert

This is very nice. Good news you have provided.