What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Kiwimike
    Sun May 15, 2011 8:00 pm

I would like to thank Jody for posting the idea in the first place. Thanks cobber.

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/por ... stand.html

I have a couple of friends that have a welding and machine shop I go to and use their specialized equipment. This idea was brilliant, so I had to build one for myself and it works great. The only thing I would add is a foot controlled on/off switch (for safety reasons) and an Outerwear off a racing go kart air cleaner to keep the metal shavings out of the armature. This portable bandsaw is the cheap version from Harbor Freight and with a little care and not flogging the crap out of it, should last you a long time, just make sure you get the extra warranty with it. I also drew it up on CAD, so if anyone would like copies of the drawings, just PM me.

If there was a wood welding rod, then I would be a great carpenter.
JET Improvements

PM sent
Life is a war of attrition, last man standing wins.
JDT738126
    Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:47 pm

Hey what software do you use for drafting? I have seen many people using programs and was just wondering what out there is free and easy to use...
Kiwimike
    Sun May 15, 2011 8:00 pm

I use Google Sketchup. You can download the free version from Google. Most CAD programs are horrendously expensive, so this is a bargain, unless you have equipment with CNC. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles the other programs have, but it is very user friendly. I particularly like the 3D modelling part of the program, so you can spin the project around and view it from all angles in perspective.
If there was a wood welding rod, then I would be a great carpenter.