What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
piker
    Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:35 pm

In an effort to make room in my small workshop I am going to knock a stand up for my big vice that can be moved around.
I am thinking an old truck brake drum but not sure if it will be stable enough,I do have a damaged truck wheel rim I could use 22.5 inch.
Could do with some inspiration I'm leaning towards the wheel rim for a bigger footprint.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I made mine with legs of 1x2x0.063 on a 2x2x.187 pedestal. Allows me to get my feet closer. Still portable with a good hearty, huff and puff.

Try THIS for ideas...
Richard
Website
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

I made one up for a 6" vice.
Brake drum off an 18 wheeler. 4" x 1/4" square tube welded to a plate disc bolted to the drum. Plate on top to mount the vice, offset so vice centre of gravity is over the post.
It worked out great, no stability issues. If you do a post search for vice stand you can have a look.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
piker
    Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Coldman wrote:I made one up for a 6" vice.
Brake drum off an 18 wheeler. 4" x 1/4" square tube welded to a plate disc bolted to the drum. Plate on top to mount the vice, offset so vice centre of gravity is over the post.
It worked out great, no stability issues. If you do a post search for vice stand you can have a look.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Cheers will have a look

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk