What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
robtg
    Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:54 pm

TraditionalToolworks wrote:I'm pretty EFing happy my hitch and trailer didn't turn out like this thread...because it could have... ;)

Hitch looks good, don't pay attention to the bull shit.
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

hang on, hang on!!

need more popcorn
trainingGrounds
    Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:45 pm

JayWal wrote:hang on, hang on!!
The islands see and fear, the ends of the earth tremble. They approach and come forward. Each one helps the other, and says to his brother, “Be strong!” The craftsman encourages the goldsmith, and he who wields the hammer cheers him who strikes the anvil, saying of the soldering, “It is good.” He nails it down so it will not be toppled. ~Isaiah 41:5-7

trainingGrounds wrote:
JayWal wrote:hang on, hang on!!
The islands see and fear, the ends of the earth tremble. They approach and come forward. Each one helps the other, and says to his brother, “Be strong!” The craftsman encourages the goldsmith, and he who wields the hammer cheers him who strikes the anvil, saying of the soldering, “It is good.” He nails it down so it will not be toppled. ~Isaiah 41:5-7
Good advice there. About encouraging each other and helping a brother out. Finally something that relates to this forum.
trainingGrounds

JayWal wrote:Good advice there. About encouraging each other and helping a brother out. Finally something that relates to this forum.
You don't understand the word. This passage is not a picture of brotherly support. It is a picture of fear of the people and them scrambling to fight against what God has brought about. So the truth was spoken on a public forum and everyone gets their skivvies in a bunch and then you say, "Hang on! Hang on!" in the same spirit as this word which was spoken of you. So I listed it as witness when you said it. Then you thought it was good! Man, now that is indeed ironic.
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

trainingGrounds wrote: It's alright. I didn't come to a welding forum to preach.
...are you sure?
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

trainingGrounds wrote:
JayWal wrote:Good advice there. About encouraging each other and helping a brother out. Finally something that relates to this forum.
You don't understand the word. This passage is not a picture of brotherly support. It is a picture of fear of the people and them scrambling to fight against what God has brought about. So the truth was spoken on a public forum and everyone gets their skivvies in a bunch and then you say, "Hang on! Hang on!" in the same spirit as this word which was spoken of you. So I listed it as witness when you said it. Then you thought it was good! Man, now that is indeed ironic.

I disagree. Keep reading the next verses.

But you, Israel, are My servant,
Jacob whom I have chosen,
The descendants of Abraham My friend.
You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth,
And called from its farthest regions,
And said to you,
‘You are My servant,
I have chosen you and have not cast you away:
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

I don’t know about you, my friend, but when I read that last verse, yes. I do think it is “good”.
trainingGrounds

JayWal wrote: I disagree. Keep reading the next verses.

But you, Israel, are My servant,
Jacob whom I have chosen,
The descendants of Abraham My friend.
You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth,
And called from its farthest regions,
And said to you,
‘You are My servant,
I have chosen you and have not cast you away:
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

I don’t know about you, my friend, but when I read that last verse, yes. I do think it is “good”.
Ah yes but you did not read the verses before it.

Who stirred up one from the east whom victory meets at every step? He gives up nations before him, so that he tramples kings underfoot; he makes them like dust with his sword, like driven stubble with his bow. He pursues them and passes on safely, by paths his feet have not trod. Who has performed and done this, calling the generations from the beginning? I, the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Then it says what I quoted originally saying, "Be strong!" against this one whom righteousness calls to follow. Then it reverts back to God encouraging his servant saying, "I am with you" but he is not with those who are saying "Be strong!" since they are fighting whom God has called.

Ok, I can agree with you on that. But how does what you quoted, verse 5-7, relate to anything? You replied to my "hang on" which was merely a joke to say that i'm enjoying watching this pretty uncommon conversation on a welding forum. Somehow you took it to mean something a whole lot deeper
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Thought this was a thread about a hitch? Sad that you can’t take your quarrels to a pm.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

So sorry to the original poster, but stfu with the religious talk already. I've never seen it get to anywhere near this level on this forum since I've joined it! What a sad day for this forum that this is tolerated. Threads like this make me want to not return as often and contribute and help others whenever I can.
trainingGrounds

3 times you had the opportunity to leave it but one person or another wanted to continue to talk about it. Don't put the blame on any one person.

And don't get your panties in a wad. The OP admitted he shouldn't have started it and that should be it. No harm. No foul. Move on. By continuing to make posts about it and not the HITCH you are all continuing the problem.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Topic locked, before someone does something to anger something something.....