What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Aaron W
    Fri May 17, 2019 6:19 pm

You guys have answered my questions, so a little proof I've been listening.

I needed a better way to store my metal stock, and now that I have a welder I made something to deal with it. There were issues but nothing that a heavy coat of paint and cramming it into a dark corner can't hide.

1/2" steel tubing and expanded metal, with 2" steel tubing for the base.

In my shop and loaded up

tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

:D nice one
tweak it until it breaks

Nice, I'm sure it'll fill up fast. Is that copper and brass on the middle shelf?
Richard
Website
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

nice job Aaron. I want to get a closer idea on the making of that metal rack. I'll probably have some travel time coming up pretty quick. Whatcha think,, Richard?
Aaron W
    Fri May 17, 2019 6:19 pm

LtBadd wrote:Nice, I'm sure it'll fill up fast. Is that copper and brass on the middle shelf?
Yep, I've got aluminum and a little plastic on top, brass and other non-ferrous on the middle shelf, and steel on the bottom.

I figured put the heaviest stuff down low so it my welds aren't up to snuff, less distance to fall. :D

Actually I think it will be fine, I tend to overbuild things and I have angled brackets (the technical term escapes me at the moment) supporting the shelves at each upright.
DAMINK
    Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:04 am

Aaron W wrote: I tend to overbuild things and I have angled brackets (the technical term escapes me at the moment) supporting the shelves at each upright.
Gusset.
Jeeper
    Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:00 pm

Aaron W wrote:You guys have answered my questions, so a little proof I've been listening.

I needed a better way to store my metal stock, and now that I have a welder I made something to deal with it. There were issues but nothing that a heavy coat of paint and cramming it into a dark corner can't hide.

1/2" steel tubing and expanded metal, with 2" steel tubing for the base.

In my shop and loaded up

Well looks like a really nice job. Love the design. One of my next projects. Thanks for posting.