What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Kiwimike
    Sun May 15, 2011 8:00 pm

Here is a project I wanted to share with you guys. I started this project one winter when the construction work was slow. I built the gates out of scrap from the recycle dumpster, with a lot of gas cutting and grinding. The posts are made from 18" well liner, cut in 8' sections and filled with concrete.
The locking devices are copied from forestry gates, so they can't be shot off or tampered with, so don't lose the key.
The double gates are 25' long each and the single gate is 45' long and the hinges are made from 3/4" plate with 1" hardened pins.
We had a Lowboy driver run his trailer up against one of the posts, with hardly a scratch on the post.
The gateways are now lined with 4000lb concrete blocks to keep the banditos out.

If anyone would like measurements, and/or a CAD drawing of these gates, please PM me.
Last edited by Kiwimike on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If there was a wood welding rod, then I would be a great carpenter.
Kiwimike
    Sun May 15, 2011 8:00 pm

More photos of the Security Gate Project.

If there was a wood welding rod, then I would be a great carpenter.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Nice Job.

M J Mauer. Andover, Ohio
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Nice work!
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder