What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Revolution
    Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:15 am

hi im new here and am going to be building a trailer here soon. im going to be building a 20' equipment trailer with 2 7K lbs axles. im makeing it out of 6" channel and 3" i beam. i got a miller 211 and i am wondering what would be the best wire for this job. i am running solid wire now but was wondering should i get flux core for this job or stick with my solid wire. steel is a little dirty but i plan on cleaning it up first. any advice would be appreaciated
thanks
Kiwimike
    Sun May 15, 2011 8:00 pm

If you are going to build it outside in the open, then use the flux core wire, however there is some clean up work to be done when you use the flux core, as it doesn't burn as clean as the gas wire. You are on the right track cleaning up your steel first, the cleaner the steel the better the weld. I use an angle grinder with a wire brush or a flap grinding disk, just clean up where you are going to weld, the get whole frame sand blasted and then paint it before final assembly. Just my thoughts.
If there was a wood welding rod, then I would be a great carpenter.
Revolution
    Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:15 am

ya i was thinnking gas sheilded flux core. im going to be building about 3/4's of it inside then the rest has to be done outside
lanceman73
    Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:35 am

Lincoln NR211. Nothing more can be said.