What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Kiwimike
    Sun May 15, 2011 8:00 pm

Here is a project I started one winter to pull and stretch field wire on a State Highway job. All the wire had to be pulled on the outside of the fence, with little or no room between the right-of-ways and the woods. The yellow contraption is an old frame I built a few years earlier to double stack large rolls of sod onto a flatbed truck. I modified this machine by cutting the spear attachment off and welding a large piece of heavy 3/8" walled box section (RHS) to the underside of this frame. I devised an attachment to hang the three point linkage field wire stretcher, so it can be bolted and unbolted easily. This needed to be design to lift the 180lb roll over the top wire of the fence and so the machine can be mounted from the left or right hand side.
I used this machine to build 19 miles of type A steel fence.
As with all of my other posts if someone needs dimensions and/or a CAD drawing, please PM me.

If there was a wood welding rod, then I would be a great carpenter.
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Nice!!
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

That's great!

I love to see creative thinking applied in a practical setting.

MacGuyver was an amateur. :lol:

Steve