What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Does anyone know what the snap down feet on this table would be called? Or where I could find them? I want to build a smaller table I can wheel around, but also be able lift it off of the wheels to keep it sturdy. And ideas or pics much appreciatedImage

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

You're looking for a floor lock caster. Some call them a truck lock, some will call it a kick bar caster, do some Googling and you'll get the idea.
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

the other is side mount casters. you push the casters down to lift the table off its feet onto wheels. that way most of the time its sitting on normal feet and the mechanism only takes load when moving.
the one in the pic has all the weight going through the lifting mechanism which is not goof for safety, wear and tear and stability.

https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/W935

tweak it until it breaks
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

hey Jay,,,wouldn't you rather move on the casters and sit on the legs? By looking at what 's there, you could rearrange the casters to mount on the jacks for moving and lower to the solid legs. Just a thought in case you want to dance on the table.
gramps

BillE.Dee wrote:hey Jay,,,wouldn't you rather move on the casters and sit on the legs? By looking at what 's there, you could rearrange the casters to mount on the jacks for moving and lower to the solid legs. Just a thought in case you want to dance on the table.
gramps
Absolutely. I like the ones tweake posted, ill look around see if I can't find any. 'Preciate it, Thanks!

BillE.Dee

I think I saw those on amazon, jay. I tried to look up retractable casters

Those are about the only ones i found, I don't think they're heavy duty enough for a 4x6 with a heavy top. I might just try and make my own.

av8or1

JayWal wrote:Those are about the only ones i found, I don't think they're heavy duty enough for a 4x6 with a heavy top. I might just try and make my own.

If you do that, I would request that you create a build thread for it. I would be quite interested in seeing what you come up with!
BillE.Dee

Cant ya just transfer your wheels to the jacks and make leg extensions? OR shorten the jack mounts? Don't ya know a weldor?? :?
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

We use those on big trolleys to lock them in place without having to lock all the wheels. Usually two on opp diagonals. I don't know what they are called though.
BillE.Dee

hello Jay,,,,just pickin a bit. I did find some guy who made his own retractable casters on a yt channel while looking up retractable casters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Ksvq3OBlQ I "think" it's this one. lots of cutting and fitting.
JohnMc
    Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Toggatug
    Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Pretty sure I've seen them at princess auto if your in canada.

I also have a light duty set off of Amazon think it was only 100lb per caster though

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
DavidR8
    Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:50 am

@JayWal I personally know the owner of the red table. I can ask where he got the casters.
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225
DavidR8
    Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:50 am

@JayWal those casters came from Princess Auto though they may be discontinued now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225
Toggatug
    Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Well that makes sense why I can't find them on their site now. Definitely have seen them in the store before.

Toggatug wrote:Well that makes sense why I can't find them on their site now. Definitely have seen them in the store before.

I'll have to go and see what they have, I couldn't find em on their site either

Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:52 pm

These are the standard table legs