What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
denniscarithers
    Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:38 pm

So I just ordered a 2 ton chain hoist for lifting stuff out of the back of my truck and what not, and I have some sturdy trees around my yard to hook it to but I was thinking of making some kind of A-frame stand to mount the hoist on and then back my truck underneath the a frame to lift whatever it is that needs to be lifted, I was also thinking of making it collapsable somehow, so I can carry it with me to load and unload things, here is a poorly drawn pic from my Android phone, will have a lot more support than what the photo shows lol :)
Attachments
1320718700715.jpg
1320718700715.jpg (9 KiB) Viewed 1787 times
cptjackm
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:46 pm

HI. I've made a couple of those, wood and metal, depending on what material is available.
I've been admiring the Harbor Freight unit.
http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive ... 41188.html
It would put my Trailblazer in and out my truck, and I could bring heavy jobs home.
This is often on sale for $100 less.
Jack
Ultralow787
    Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:30 pm

We use that type of thing all the time for tearing down large chillers. The legs can be fabricated from steel or aluminum and the "I" Beam can be either steel or aluminum. The determining factor is cost!
You can get a small beam trolley as well so your hoist can rol back and forth along the beam. I can take some measurements and maybe even a photograph or two if it would help. Ours are steel because they stay in the shop.
Perfection is impossible, but if you strive for perfection, excellence is obtainable!

1983 Canox "Sparkler" 225 AC Stick Welder
Hobart 210 MVP MIG Welder
Harris "Spitfire" Oxy-Acetylene Set