What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
krl
  • krl
    Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:12 pm

Hi,

Havent even started the project, but I thought I throw the idea here. Not much of a welding project, but something I could use. And even though one of these could probably be bought cheaper than the material cost of it, its still worth doing.
It will be about 75cm high.

Pretty much all the weldin to be made is these two selves made out of 40x40x2(mm)steel angles(+ the handle) and plates on the bottom for attaching wheels. Also M6 nuts(16Pcs) to be welded on the inside of these shelfs for assembly, so it can be taken apart if needed.

Any thoughts or improvement ideas are welcome.

Made a quick sketch in Solidworks.

walz10
    Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:55 pm

That cart looks pretty good. Additional things that you may consider adding are a place for a gas cylinder and possibly hooks for cords, cables and leads. What kind of welder are you thinking about putting on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:52 am

I might even consider a third rack just under the top rack for storage of smaller items. Looks nice though. Using fasteners can be good esp if you are planning on moving, you can just disassemble.
l8trdude
    Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:52 am

That’s an excellent multi-purpose table design. I made one similar for my MiG machine. I’ve since moved the MiG to another stationary table and put a small gas forge on the cart. I didn’t see a need on mine to take apart, saved effort and welded it all. Except removable plywood lower shelf, now used for tongs. One suggestion, you should measure your hands to make sure they fit inside the handle, for better grip. The caster size should be determined by flatness of floor and cost. Small casters hang up in large cracks. I put rigid casters on back and swivel casters on front, cheaper and it parks better.
Gdarc21
    Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:44 am

Looks good, but Consider bigger wheels.
The welding trolley I made has got a 300mm rear wheel, so that gives 150mm clearance and 150mm swivel at front. Although this is a tool cart it wouldnt be bad to go about the same. If your nonswivel wheel is on outside with axle at the bottom of the leg than you benefit from a larger contact area but only half the hieght which help centre of gravity etc.
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

bigger wheels help. small wheels stop on just about every bit of grit on the floor.
i would put the wheels inboard so they don't stick out and do not have any plates at the bottom sticking out.
i have some machines with wheels done as per the pic and i curse them regularly as you tend to either hi the wheels with your feet or bash your ankles on the metal plate.

i prefer the single hole casters instead of the mounting plate ones. less holes to drill and no bolts to buy.
tweak it until it breaks