What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
slodat
    Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:29 am

Working on a somewhat light weight storage rack for sticks of material. They have been piled in the corner of the metal fab room for way too long. I can’t tell what I have on hand. I always have full sticks split in half before I leave the steel yard, so this is for 10’ sticks. It’s going on this wall, to the left of and above the sandblast cabinet. It will go just under the conduit. Material will go over the blue airline.

Four uprights. Two on the left go further down, over the bandsaw. Arms are 1.5 sq 0.120 wall 18” long. Verticals are 1/4 x 3 flat bar. Will be anchored to wall with 3/8 anchors. I don’t plan to put a large amount of stock on it.

I settled on a 3 degree up angle for the shelf arms. The Ellis saw made easy work of the miters. I made a layout template on the laser to make sure I put my mounting holes in the right place. Made in two pieces due to the width of mdf sheet and laser bed.

1/8 mdf is much easier to hold up to the wall. Also made small test pieces for the shelf arm end caps to sort out the size.

Now I have a lot of helmet time. I need the practice. Switched hands with the torch and filler. It’s going better having the filler in my dominant hand.

slodat

Clamped to the door to see how it will look on the wall.

All welded up.

Dropped at the powder coat shop. Should be done next week.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

This has to be a record for most number of racks being worked on, on this forum in a very short time frame! :lol:

and for the highest resolution pictures ever posted ;)
Richard
Website
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

:shock:
BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

LtBadd wrote:and for the highest resolution pictures ever posted ;)
I would like to know what camera has that incredible aspect ratio. Height to width is about 10 to 1. LOL
slodat

I cropped the photo. Looks normal on my phone and PC browser..
Olecoot
    Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:01 pm

Oscar wrote:This has to be a record for most number of racks being worked on, on this forum in a very short time frame! :lol:
I agree, and I am starting on one also.. I like your use of Bendtech. love that program.
Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is Character.
slodat

Material rack is finished. It’s always cool when a project turns out the way i wanted. Very happy with the whole thing. Power coat was worth the expense.

BugHunter

slodat wrote:Material rack is finished. It’s always cool when a project turns out the way i wanted. Very happy with the whole thing. Power coat was worth the expense.

I hope I am not the only one confused by these photos?
slodat

What’s confusing? It’s for storage of material. Mostly left overs from projects.
BugHunter

slodat wrote:What’s confusing? It’s for storage of material. Mostly left overs from projects.
It took me a few days to figure it out but I see that I have to right click on your photos and hit open in a new tab in order to see the entire thing. Otherwise all I get is some left side cropped version with about 15% of the photo visible. Seeing as it happens on my Android tablet and my windows PCS of multiple versions of os, I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's something going on with your photos.

The rack looks cool. Good job! Glad to hear you're happy.
slodat

Weird. The photos show up normal on Tapatalk and on my Windows 10 pc.

BugHunter wrote: I hope I am not the only one confused by these photos?
It shows that way on my win10pc as well, i think its because the pics are high resolution
Richard
Website
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Yea it's just how the forum displays things on regular web browsers on PC's.
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

I couldn't open them on Firefox, but on Brave, right click on " open image in another tab " and the whole pic appears with zoom capability.

I'm on a Windows 7 laptop.