What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

I used up a bunch of ends and pieces of aluminum extrusion to make a cart for my Evo saw. It's not the best stuff for this sort of project, but it was laying around and it's unlikely pieces this size could be used for anything customer related anyway. But it worked. I also picked up a few of those moving dollies on sale at harbor freight because they were half as much money as purchasing four casters.

I had one small error. I tried using small tabs on all four sides to hold the saw in place but the base of the saw has a bunch of reliefs in it which I hadn't really looked closely at, so that didn't work out at all and they needed machined back off and some aluminum angle welded back on.

I still intend to make two small stands which will be the proper height for side supports and they can be thrown on the lower level for storage. I'm going to throw a piece of plywood in there to make that have a floor also.
IMG_20210206_160332522~2.jpg
IMG_20210206_160332522~2.jpg (84.06 KiB) Viewed 2966 times
IMG_20210206_160416662~2.jpg
IMG_20210206_160416662~2.jpg (83.2 KiB) Viewed 2966 times
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Looks tight.
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

That's a darn good idea, I have mine on a tray bolted to the side of my table. A cart would be so much handier.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
eelman308
    Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:34 pm

I like the idea of having it mobile. More flexibility for longer pieces. Will also make cleaning up around it much easier.
BugHunter

eelman308 wrote:I like the idea of having it mobile. More flexibility for longer pieces. Will also make cleaning up around it much easier.
The marketing videos make it sound like the chip pan catches the majority of the chips and I suppose mathematically that's true. But there is a trainload of them all over the floor so one of those Harbor Freight magnet sweeper gizmos is a must.

My abrasive saw is on a ridiculously heavy table with no wheels, I did not build it. That was the reason this one is aluminum and on wheels. You can easily pick this cart up with one hand. I bet if I weigh it it's barely over 5 lb even with the four casters. And for cleaning under it, it's awesome.
eelman308
    Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:34 pm

Is that the new S380 CPS?

I have one on order and am getting antsy to try it.
BugHunter

No mine is definitely the old model. The newer one is much nicer. You're going to love it.
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Nice job on the buggy,,,Buggy. Some of the material looks familiar... :shock: . Have to take a trip to look that saw over.
BugHunter

BillE.Dee wrote:Nice job on the buggy,,,Buggy. Some of the material looks familiar... :shock: . Have to take a trip to look that saw over.
Yea, some of that has about 10# of your MIG wire on it. :lol:

Stop in!