What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Meastwood
    Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:52 am

I'm building a welding cart out of recycled metal from the scrapyard. I am curious if any of you know of a product that will strip both paint and rust from metal. Trying to save some time sanding and grinding.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Muriatic acid should do the trick. But by the time you take all safety precautions, and then neutralize the acid, clean the part, and dry it, you could have just used a coarse wire cup-wheel or silicon-carbide strip-wheel to knock off the paint/rust. Your call. I'm building a MIG cart right now out of scrap steel as well, but mine only had rust on it, no paint. I hate having to re-rust all the steel (six 10ft long sections of 1-1/2" 14gs square tubing), but I got it for $0.30/lb back before the pandemic. I ended up hitting all of them with the coarse wire cup wheel and nothing else since I'm stick welding it anyways.
Gdarc21
    Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:44 am

Wire cup for sure works great. Just be sure to wear ppe, face shield etc and including ppe for any onlookers in shed etc. Pulling those wires out of shirts, arms etc go with the territory of wire cups.