What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
sbaker56
    Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:12 am

Here's what happens when you have a bucket full of scrap steel, a few too many beers and you regret selling your torch and being unable to heat things anymore, you make this thing. The main rule I had for this thing is that it had to be utterly free, I could not spend a single cent on it minus charcoal and neither could I cut up any of my few remaining steel plate stock I have for real projects, at least not until I saw if it'd even function like I thought I would, so here it is, It's about 5.5" deep, 11" long and just over 5.5" wide. I haven't tried it with coal yet but using charcoal it'll actually melt steel if I leave it in too long. The base is a old 50lb rod can with a 1/8" plate cut to fit and tacked onto the top then drilled to fit a 2" pipe along with a second hole down at the bottom where an inflatable motor blows into the base and provides more than enough air. The rod can functions both as an ash trap and a way to smooth out the airflow a little bit.
''
Attachments
Measure2.jpg
Measure2.jpg (2.39 MiB) Viewed 10670 times
measure1.jpg
measure1.jpg (1.7 MiB) Viewed 10670 times
Heated.jpg
Heated.jpg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 10670 times
Charcoal.jpg
Charcoal.jpg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 10670 times
Basic picture.jpg
Basic picture.jpg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 10670 times
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

looks good....put a grate on it, some burgers and dogs.....good to go! :D
sbaker56
    Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:12 am

I had a bunch of little cut ends from building wood shed, I found if I split them into halves if I played with the blower just right I could get steel red hot with wood too, without the blower, it actually would probably make a pretty good grill :lol: