What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

This is what I came up with for a welding table and a cart for my new welder:
table.jpg
table.jpg (47.45 KiB) Viewed 1518 times
I've built a small welding table, its 32" wide x 16" deep x 30" high. I dont need a large table, If I did, I'd be screwed, 'cause I dont have the room anyway. Its all bolted together, as I wanted something I could disassemble if and when needed.
table01.jpg
table01.jpg (43.8 KiB) Viewed 1518 times
The top is a piece of 1/2" x 14" x 24" iron plate raised up on a leg setup (the next pic) to have the table at a comfortable height on smaller items to weld. (I need to be about 6" away to tig weld, I have a 3x magnifier in the hood). The plate is free to (be)move(d), I have to remember not to move it too far on the metal leg set. I can clamp anywhere by moving the plate a smidge 'if necessary' to avoid the metal legs.
tablebase.jpg
tablebase.jpg (42.31 KiB) Viewed 1518 times
The base is 1" sq. x 1/8" tubing and sitting on another plate. On larger objects, I remove the top & the base and use this plate as the table. Its about 14" x 18" x 5/8". Anything bigger goes to the driveway for welding. (I ground clean only the part necessary for welding, lazy me)

(Apparently I can only post 3 pics at a time, so, to be continued -corn-)

Look! a hole in the space-time continuum!
    Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

The cart:
cart02.jpg
cart02.jpg (53.04 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
This is the cart I made for my wire-feeder, a '180 Dual' mig.
I have cracks in the slab and cracks in the driveway and wanted a stable cart. The big wheels are wider than the welder and are about centered for weight. The casters dont carry much weighr unless the big wheels get 'low centered'. The wire roll door clears the side by 1/8" - 1/4". I have to get down on a knee to set it, but I dont think it'll ever tip over.
cart.jpg
cart.jpg (47.17 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
It is very maneuverable, will spin on a dime, pushes or pulls easiely, I mostly pull it except when parking it.

I muscle the welder to the table for changing/setting the wire.
At first I had the leads on the front end, but it works better to use the handle for carrying the leads (as in the pic) and its not in the way for weld settings.
I'll paint it someday, and yes I cleaned back 3/4" (only) to shiny metal for welding. -corn-

Look! a hole in the space-time continuum!