What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Greg From K/W
    Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:55 pm

I have a truck crane I got at a store for a great price. The post is about 5' high and had a ram to raise the arm up and a crank to haul up the load. Good for 1000 pounds. I will be making a block for the receiver and putting a trailer jack on it to take the load off the truck. (Don't want to be putting strain on the hitch if it over loads the ball weight.)

The make an arm to the left (Drivers Side) to mount the crane on. One post on that side with shims to keep the crane level. Install this thing after the tail gate is open and whammo can load almost anything I want. Engines transmissions. What ever. Should mention I have a Honda Ridgeline. The tail gate opens like a regular one but you can also swing it open like a door with the hinges on the drivers side. Makes it really easy to load stuff up. 90% of the time I open the gate like that. Nice and handy. I will post some picks for you guys. But it will be a while. I need to get a couple other things done first to make room to work on this. Not to mention referbing my welder lol. :shock: :lol:
brainscott

Hi ya'll, it's been a while since I've posted, but I have to ask you guys, cause ya'll are the guru's of invention and modifications!!
Here's kind of my problem~ I have kind of bad lower back, but I'm determined to continue at my own pace of doing what I love, working on old cars n trucks!
I bought this '59 Apache already painted, but I'll be changing out the motor,tranny, and hopefully the rear axle into my truck from this '72 doner car, a '72 Impala with 40k original miles, of course I'll clean the motor and detail it out before installation.

I had a HF 2 ton shop crane when working on my '67 Mustang, and swore I'd never need it again and sold it~! lol Now I'm needing a shop crane again!