What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
rynofab
    Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:53 am

wood stoves are pretty popular around here. almost everybody has a second source of heat in their home. if the boiler/toyo/furnace goes out at -40f its nice to have a backup. i was going to start producing a small, made in ak line of stoves. i even have a few pipeline (ak oil pipeline) scraps that i plan to make a few big ones out of. there are several farmers that are growing crops to burn as bio. i have been asked several times to help out on projects involving experimental bio stoves. insurance seems to be an issue. i cant sell a stove that voids the homeowners insurance.
most insurance companys say its ok to have a ws as long as it isnt home made. anybody ever made a licenced sove? i googled all kinds of info on this and came up with very little. any sugestions?
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Never made anything like that, but it sounds to me like you need some sort of certification from an independent testing lab that your stoves are safe. You may want to look into incorporating to make things like that and insurance issues a lot easier. Fire safety laws vary from state to state, even from city to city, so it would benefit you to know what you may be getting yourself into.
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
rynofab
    Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:53 am

i help do install on fire alarm systems for the government. ill talk to the inspector about it. thanks for the tip.
WilliamLaurence
    Thu May 31, 2012 8:00 am

I bought one of these from ChimneyHeaters.com . I installed and it works fine. Heats my 2000 square foot house. I have the pump connected to a UPS but I am not sure how long the pump will run if the electric goes out. I had it installed all winter and did not have to turn on my Electric heat once which saved me about 200 euro a month here in Romania.

The Electric is not stable here so I had to rush to take out the fire a couple of times because the water pump had stopped and the pressure valves were going off. The UPS will solve that but I dont know how long a UPS will keep my central pump going. I will attach a pic of what chimney heaters are in case you are not familiar with them. The pump is a Grundfos and has three speeds.