What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
FluxCore
    Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 am

Decided I needed to get the equipment off their indivual carts and all in one place that was easy to roll around and feed off just one cord and outlet.

So this is where I'm at with it at the moment....The red metal box is a gang box that contains all the Nema 6-50 outlets-each welder will remain plugged in and the cart will be powered off 50 ft of factory made 8/3 extension cord.

So far I've built a tray to hold the little Longevity 140 inverter stick machine....My Hobart Mig will sit on very top....plasma and 225 AC/DC stick will fit below.

Those are 5" swivel casters slung low so it's really easy to roll around and very stable.

I'm thinking once it's finished and sandblasted I'll coat it with beadliner to keep it tuff nuff.

I designed it to hold two 125 CF bottles, one C25 and the other straight Argon.

Hobart 210MVP
Hobart 235AC/DC Stickmate
Hypertherm Powermax 45
HF O/A
Longevity Stickweld 140 (intended for Tig)
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

That looks to be well thought out. Nice work!

The only thing I'd do different (because of my particular circumstances) would be pneumatic-tire casters for my rough-ass driveway.

Please show us the finished product when you get there.

Steve
FluxCore

Thanks, Otto

It's a work in progress....all made from scrap so far-even the casters were picked from the trash....It's just a matter of me finding more scrap and the time to work on it.

I started this whole welding thang a couple of months ago cause I plan to swap a V-8 into my Jeep TJ, but needed to learn to weld in motor mounts and suspension mods when I do it...So here I am, and I'm lovin it :)...Welding is FUN and it's that final thing I needed to learn to do for myself :)

This site and others like it, and guys like you here make it really easy to learn, so keep posting :)
Hobart 210MVP
Hypertherm Powermax 45
HF O/A
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Are there other site like this one? I suppose there must be, but I haven't found them and gave up looking.

I've visited several other dedicated welding-trade sites, and I've found them to be contentious, ego-driven pissing contests more than useful information. Sure, the information is there, but I don't care to shovel all the bullshit to reach it.

If you can recommend other sites that are friendly AND useful, I'd love to check them out.

Thanks,

Steve
FluxCore

My welder and grinder gang boxes....It'll be nice being able to leave all grinders plugged in and just grab the one wearing the disc/wheel I need....Dug those metal boxs out of the trash too :)

Hobart 210MVP
Hypertherm Powermax 45
HF O/A
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi,

Its amazing what some people throw away. I work for a place like that.

Mick
FluxCore

weldin mike 27 wrote:Hi,

Its amazing what some people throw away. I work for a place like that.

Mick
Yup, they were used to house 120/24 VAC transformers for obsolete bldg management sys....I cut holes in them for the outlets and baked the paint on...I used one of the transformers to trigger my shop heater.
Hobart 210MVP
Hypertherm Powermax 45
HF O/A
Ultralow787
    Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:30 pm

Fluxcore,
Is that little blue device your MIG/TIG torch holder? Looks like a simple good design if it is. Nice work on the electrical as well. It looks very neat.
Perfection is impossible, but if you strive for perfection, excellence is obtainable!

1983 Canox "Sparkler" 225 AC Stick Welder
Hobart 210 MVP MIG Welder
Harris "Spitfire" Oxy-Acetylene Set