What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Oddjob83
    Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:41 pm

I put this together when i was going a lot of galvanized welding inside. worked surprisingly good. Just a simple kitchen hoodfan with 4 pieces of 25mm boche about 30' tall so it could be adjusted in height. I had a welding curtain wrapped around it and had a jig directly under it. used some 6" plastic white spiral hose tucktaped to a tin ducting elbow on top venting to the window.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Thats another good one, while gal smoke isnt as dangerous as some make it out to be, some forced ventilation NEVER goes astray,

Mick
Oddjob83
    Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:41 pm

it was 4 days of welding galvy 8 hr shifts, and i had a half-mask on too. that grease screen had to be cleaned daily from the "ghosts" that were flying away from the welds. It really worked quite well only my helmet kept hitting it when I'd pull out from the work. After the first bulb popped from a speck of spatter I added that plastic.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

There's very little I miss from welding on galvanized, but I will say I went two years with having a cold or flu!

Steve S
AustinClarke
    Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:33 am

Pretty interesting make shift design. Should try this out too.nutone parts
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Yep, I had a look-through.

There's some stuff there a hobby welder could build a good fume extractor with.

Steve S
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:There's some stuff there a hobby welder could build a good fume extractor with.
I like the idea of the legs with welding curtain wrapped around it. That solves a problem with how I'd shield from someone getting flashed while I'm working in the garage, without hanging large curtains. Only for tabletop work, of course, but that'll account for most of my projects.

I had a failed attempt to duct heat exhaust from a room air conditioner through the attic and out under the eaves (what the HOA doesn't see won't hurt them). I'm thinking I'll repurpose that duct, add one of these inline fans, and drop basically an aluminum dryer vent hose from the ceiling above the work table. http://t.homedepot.com/p/Suncourt-Induc ... 100073963/

Cheers,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
Tassie Dave
    Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:04 am

I bought a dust extractor for home but at ur shed i have two doors. The only trouble is that the wind blows ( howls through ) the doors and its winds of cold. On Friday i was doing a fair amount of work on Galv and did a couple of runs then walked out.
It looked like someone was smoking in the room. I think an exhaust fan is needed.
I have an
Esab LHQ 150
Pro Weld TC256 ACDC multi process Tig Cut MMA
WeldSmart Mig 200IGBT Mig Tig MMA and spool gun