What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

That Keith Fenner guy has a lot of videos on Youtube, some where he pre drills thick plate.
Tjschur
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:14 am

Arizona SA200 wrote:Ok this has been buggin me for the last few hours now. CNC plasma is great but why not step it up and go water jet? Been looking for a pump that will work but havent had any luck. the way i look at it is go big or go home.
A lot of money I guess. I never looked into a waterjet machine. I know all these TV shows have waterjets but they get them for free cause they are on TV. I do not have that kind of money.
T.J.
Tjschur

weldin mike 27 wrote:That Keith Fenner guy has a lot of videos on Youtube, some where he pre drills thick plate.
Yes Keith has a modified plasma cam table set up. I got his idea to indicate the tracks when he had a bent part. My tracks are less than 3 thous in 8 feet. Pretty good in my book. I made a quick indicator holder that clamps to the X gantry.
Arizona SA200
    Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 pm

Tjschur wrote:
Arizona SA200 wrote:Ok this has been buggin me for the last few hours now. CNC plasma is great but why not step it up and go water jet? Been looking for a pump that will work but havent had any luck. the way i look at it is go big or go home.
A lot of money I guess. I never looked into a waterjet machine. I know all these TV shows have waterjets but they get them for free cause they are on TV. I do not have that kind of money.
T.J.
You're right TJ i did some looking around and it is hard to source the pump without buying the entire set up. It was just a thought beinng that is now easier to build your own CNC plasma.
I stack dimes for a living so i can stack dollars for a paycheck.
Tjschur

Some new toys came in. wooohoooo. I want to thank Jim Colt at Hypertherm for his help on this purchase. The consumables and the machine, and torch. Reading the manual now.