What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
UV Metal Arts
    Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:36 pm

I Have an updated version of this that can be seen here, https://youtu.be/4C1cN2u-dIE Please check it out, trust me it's awesome!

I would like to share with you all my documented build up of a portable bandsaw table saw bracket. You can check out the step by step build here at this link http://www.instructables.com/id/Keep-yo ... ortable-b/ This bandsaw cradle design preserves the portability aspect of the saw while also holding the saw vertically for sweet table cutting operation. No plugs, hardware, clamps or brackets get in the way, which in turn facilitates a fast transition from the vertical table mode to portable cutting action.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 12.33.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 12.33.54 AM.png (247.38 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 12.35.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 12.35.18 AM.png (174.64 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 12.37.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 12.37.00 AM.png (119.21 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
Last edited by UV Metal Arts on Tue May 09, 2017 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

That's a well-executed version.

Very nice work!

Steve S
UV Metal Arts

Thank you
UV Metal Arts

Otto Nobedder wrote:That's a well-executed version.

Very nice work!

Steve S
HI Steve, I just realized that you are a moderator. If your able to, can you move this thread to the projects discussion area please? Thank you
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Done mate.
UV Metal Arts

weldin mike 27 wrote:Done mate.
Thank you
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

No worries mate.
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

Nice job. That was how I stumbled onto this forum was with Jody's portaband conversion. I thought that was the coolest thing. I built one for myself as well and I use it all the time now. Now, instead of jumping in and out of the boat to trim parts, I bring it up into the boat with me and it takes up very little room.
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.
UV Metal Arts

TamJeff wrote:Nice job. That was how I stumbled onto this forum was with Jody's portaband conversion. I thought that was the coolest thing. I built one for myself as well and I use it all the time now. Now, instead of jumping in and out of the boat to trim parts, I bring it up into the boat with me and it takes up very little room.
Thanks TamJeff, the portaband brought me here too, when I saw Jody talking about the Swag Off Road product, I thought, I should join and share my Idea.
TamJeff

Here's mine framed in aluminum. I notched the table to bolt flush on the stock mount. It lets the motor fan help blow the dust away from the blade so it is easier to see the scribed line on what is being cut. 8" x 8" table. I use the heck out of this thing now.

I used to make knives when I was a boy. Never would have even thought about doing it again until this saw opened up a new and easy way to cut tool steel, of all things. Here it is cutting annealed o1 tool steel without much fuss. When I Was a kid, I had to use a hacksaw for this kind of stuff. As if us welders don't get enough metal work with our day jobs. :D

Made this for myself and ended up selling it (reluctantly) to someone that just had to have it. This is actually the 2nd one but the first was identical to it. Maybe I can keep this one. At any rate, the saw has opened up a whole new world with scrap steel gems that are lying about just about anywhere USA or the world, for that matter.
UV Metal Arts

Very nice work TamJeff, sweet knife too. I see that your stand is small and light enough that it can still be used the way the saw was intended. Thanks for sharing your build. I love the exhaust blowing away the chips too. My Intent with this post is to show people that there is an alternative to the common unitasking table saw stand design and that the portability function does not need to be sacrificed in leu of vertical table saw cutting action.
TamJeff

I noticed that about your design and actually thought about something like that initially for here at home. I made it an in between, I guess. There is only one bolt holding the saw in and I made it to where the stand is also a carry handle. I really made this to where I could carry it into a boat. The boats I work on are on trailers and even with roll around stairs, fitting with having to run back and forth to the stationary bandsaw is a chore. I sometimes would have to make 20 trips or more in and out of a boat. This pretty much saves that. Now I can just bring all the rough cut parts with me and nibble away at them accordingly.

I was not crazy about the swag version. I liked Jody's version better. This saw would have sat around for years otherwise. I see a lot of guys still cutting small parts and such with zip discs. One could buy one of these saws off ebay in short order, just with what they would save in abrasive wheels and hacksaw/sawzall blades.

I can't get over how long the blades on these lasts and they even have them that will cut stainless and will even work as a file of sorts for cutting/dressing notches in tubing.
Steve49suzuki
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Hello TamJeff. Any chance you can post a picture of your portaband saw frame. Thanks. Steve
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Steve49suzuki,

TamJeff's saw and frame are pictured in the last post of page 1 of this topic. Maybe he'll add a backside view, showing the attachment.

Steve S
Steve49suzuki

Hello. I was after a picture of just the frame. I'm getting a cheap portaband saw and after some ideas of just the frame.

Cheers Steve.
TamJeff

Here's another view. I did it after work so there was no real engineering and it was made from bits at the top of the scrap bin and my junk drawer. I can take it apart with just the one bolt but I left my camera at work so it may take a day or two if you want to see just the frame. I built the bottom offset "H", set the saw on it and went from there. I thought I was real slick, until I noticed the cord would hit but it was already tacked together and I figured (yeah right) that I could always fix it. It works a treat at any rate. It's held in place with the allen bolt that holds the front knob on.

It was one of those projects where you are really ready to go home and your under drawers are no longer form fitting as they were when you started the day, so you just start throwing chunks of metal and weld at it till it stays put. It was still warm when I put it in the car. :)

It's made out of 1 x 2 and 2 x 2 aluminum box, a bit of 1/4 x 2 and 4 and a piece of sched 40 1.5"
Steve49suzuki

Thanks TamJeff. A view of just the frame would be nice but no worries if you've not got time. Not got my hands on my portaband saw yet its en route. Like you said keep adding bits till it doesn't move. Thanks for reply

Steve
Depdog
    Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Great project and pics. I have a Milwaukee Portaband model 6225 and a table is on my very short to do list. Yall have given me inspiration!

Glenn