What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
TAff
    Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:20 am

Here is a project what I made with schoolmate. Actually it's not my idea and that BBQ smoker does not belongs to me. We just made it for MIG welding practice.
This took about couple weeks. The bad thing is I don't know how well it works because thats for sale.
And a few pics ;) Not a really good quality.. :oops:
And almost final product. Wooden parts are missing like shelves, handle and tables on the left, right and front of BBQ.

Hope you guys giving a good tips to make things better because I want to make my own BBQ :)
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

welcome to the forum ;)
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
TAff

Thank you!
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum TAff.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
TAff

Thanks Mike.
Very useful forum to!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

TAff,

That's an elaborate smoker for a school project, and well executed! There are layers of complexity there... It's not just a fine welding project, it's very good from a design standpoint, and shows great fabrication skills as well.

You mentioned it's "for sale", which shows planning and business sense, as well. Might as well get a return on the time and material you've invested.

I hope you got an "A"... :!:

Steve S
Bulldog2010
    Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:58 pm

That's a nice looken Smoker. I'm going to have to Build one sometime. I'm getting ready to teach my 17 year old how to weld and fab. He want to build a BBQ for a school project. Ill put up pic for his BBQ Grill as he builds it
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I like this smoker. Kinda like a cross between a vertical smoker and a horizontal/offset smoker. Here in Texas we do a lot of smoking! Meat, that is! I prefer brisket, myself. :)
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Have you Googled "reverse flow smokers"? I did and came up with so many ideas I'm now hunting and old Propane tank that's been pulled from service. :lol:
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.