What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
aldochina
    Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:35 am

I have been thinking about this project for awhile now!! Finally got it banged out! I have access to a large bandsaw at work, but it is tough for small fab, as the blade is wide and aggressive. This will be a perfect addition to the home shop. Picked the saw up off ebay for just under a benjamin! steel was scavenged from leftovers from a few jobs at work. the main L shaped portion was stick welded, 1x legs were flux cored. remove the 4 screws and the table, and the saw slides right out. Thanks for looking!
aldochina

sorry the pics are cut off, not sure why. Dont beat up my welds to much guys, I am a begginner. I know alot about the processes, as I have a ton more time to read than practice, but I try my best, and I try to implement the things I read into my practice. My welding has come along way. I have had welds on a few early projects fail :o no worries, no chance for injuries ;) Flux beads just sitting on top of the metal. I have learned a ton here, and very much appreciate it!

Heres a swinging crane I built just before winter. Being pretty new to it, and only having the maxstar 152, was a bit concerned with the thick material, but I am confident it will have no problem with anything I will ever need it to do!
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Looks good, keep up the practicing.... :D

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Charles_Karl
    Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:10 am

I've got a Milwaukee deep cut bandsaw and your idea is a great one. I think I will look real close at how you built yours and build one myself.

-Chuck
"We cuttin bate, or we gonna fish?"
aldochina

another pic of the saw in raw form since the others are cut off.
aldochina

thanks guys! If you need any measurements Chuck let me know, I would be happy to share them with you. My design changed a bunch during the build, tough to get it all straight, but i am happy with it. Wish I was in AK!! :)
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Yes, was 40some deg today nice and sunny.... Palmer :D
Nice stand btw...
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
rednation12
    Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:52 pm

Do you have the dimensions for your build awesome design looking to make one thanks man