What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

I've been researching the use of shipping containers for a portable garage for my CASE 2470 tractor.
I plan on using two 40' seacans and one 20' seacan. The 20' seacan will have the side walls removed.
These side walls will be bolted to the 40' seacans to form a 40' X 36' portable garage.
A metal roof will be installed. ( Similar to the attached photo.)
The idea of making this garage portable is for property tax purposes. (As it is not a permanent structure).
Attachments
Portable Garage.jpg
Portable Garage.jpg (143.97 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

That's quite an interesting idea.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

We actually modify quite a few shipping containers every year. Mostly for either a operators cabin for machines, or tool cribs/machine shops to support our equipment. I have considered doing the same as you but my neighbors would have a fit. I have a 20' I would love to bring home to use for a shed, or a bunker :lol:
I have done Google and YouTube searches in the past on garages and there are a lot of good ideas out there.
-Jonathan
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

There's tons of things that can be done with old seacans.
For instance, a remote GetAway cabin, or portable shop.
Attachments
Workshop.jpg
Workshop.jpg (24.77 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
GetAway Cabin.jpg
GetAway Cabin.jpg (34.75 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

That's the nicest looking re-use of a container I've seen - I thought they were only used as bunkers on " Doomsday Preppers " ! not that we have them here - but I gather old IH school buses are considered ideal portable buildings as well .
    Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:47 am

Hey, hey ... let's not have any photos of those get-away cabins made from shipping containers!!!!

I learned bricklaying to build structures like that, and I actually think that, in the right climate, you could do all right with that cabin.

This, and portable garages.

Who said competition was a good thing?