What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Welll,
I built this chair a long time ago, and I decided to shorten it.
So I cut out 4inches, and welded it back together.
I used 3/32 6013 at 60amps.

Lets hope it holds....
Attachments
IMG_2187.JPG
IMG_2187.JPG (93.33 KiB) Viewed 1649 times
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Well - what can I say - I could'nt recommend the use of 6013 in such a critical application ! - maybe check in with Superior on this for a 2nd opinion - but I think check with your insurance for liability issues - provide a method statement - a WPS - send it for X ray / MPI or other suitable NDT / SWL test & if it passes then test it out in a safe area with a fall harness on & soft fall mats - do not sit near drop offs or dangerous terrain - & don't consume alcohol before sitting - make sure you have your hard hat on & hi viz jacket etc - think I got the basic safety stuff covered here - but you can never be too careful ! - on an unrelated topic do you think the guru had a beverage or 2 prior to filming the latest video ? or it just me !!!!

noddybrian wrote:Well - what can I say - I could'nt recommend the use of 6013 in such a critical application ! - maybe check in with Superior on this for a 2nd opinion - but I think check with your insurance for liability issues - provide a method statement - a WPS - send it for X ray / MPI or other suitable NDT / SWL test & if it passes then test it out in a safe area with a fall harness on & soft fall mats - do not sit near drop offs or dangerous terrain - & don't consume alcohol before sitting - make sure you have your hard hat on & hi viz jacket etc - think I got the basic safety stuff covered here - but you can never be too careful ! - on an unrelated topic do you think the guru had a beverage or 2 prior to filming the latest video ? or it just me !!!!

Thanks for the info....
I'll get it taken care of.... :lol:

Yes,
Jody did seem a little off that last video...

Edit,
Which guru??
Me or Jody??

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
noddybrian

Come on AK - don't get ahead of yourself ! you maybe good - but I don't think you reached guru status yet !

You didn't hear what I said noddy.

You are referring to Jody then??

I was asking if you were referring to me....

Asking if I had been drinking right before I shot my last video...

Guess not...

No disrespect from me.

You are talking about this video then???
http://welding-tv.com/2014/05/19/welding-spoon/

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
noddybrian

Ha-ha - I meant it seemed that Jodie may have had a beer or three while shopping at horrible freight ! - or he forgot his medication that day !

On your video's I assumed you were sober but enjoyed swing the camera around - kinda makes me feel dizzy or I'm on a roller coaster ! - note to director - pan slower ! so how did you get one video to come out right way up & bigger ?

noddybrian wrote:Ha-ha - I meant it seemed that Jodie may have had a beer or three while shopping at horrible freight ! - or he forgot his medication that day !

On your video's I assumed you were sober but enjoyed swing the camera around - kinda makes me feel dizzy or I'm on a roller coaster ! - note to director - pan slower ! so how did you get one video to come out right way up & bigger ?
I'm messing with my video editor.
Its these same phone I made all the videos with.
I'll try and learn to crop sections, and join clips together.
Yes,
Jody did seem a little squirlly...
He has the right... :)

~John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
noddybrian

Most cameras seem to come with basic editing software now - I don't have a camera but I get people come round with stuff on memory cards sometimes & I have used " Cyberlink " software to put stuff together & burn to DVD for them - can put still images into it as well for close ups etc - not done any for a while though.
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

AKweldshop wrote:Welll,
I built this chair a long time ago, and I decided to shorten it.
So I cut out 4inches, and welded it back together.
I used 3/32 6013 at 60amps.

Lets hope it holds....
Depends how heavy you are :D this SA-200 is hanging by 6013 welds 8-)
http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?28 ... highlight=
Load check
Load check
image.jpg (111.72 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
3 pass
3 pass
image.jpg (84.95 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

IMG_2593.JPG
IMG_2593.JPG (69.47 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
IMG_2594.JPG
IMG_2594.JPG (26.27 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
IMG_2595.JPG
IMG_2595.JPG (55.19 KiB) Viewed 1525 times

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

noddybrian wrote:Well - what can I say - I could'nt recommend the use of 6013 in such a critical application ! - maybe check in with Superior on this for a 2nd opinion - but I think check with your insurance for liability issues - provide a method statement - a WPS - send it for X ray / MPI or other suitable NDT / SWL test & if it passes then test it out in a safe area with a fall harness on & soft fall mats - do not sit near drop offs or dangerous terrain - & don't consume alcohol before sitting - make sure you have your hard hat on & hi viz jacket etc - think I got the basic safety stuff covered here - but you can never be too careful ! - on an unrelated topic do you think the guru had a beverage or 2 prior to filming the latest video ? or it just me !!!!
I am late to the party on this one. Make sure you have the PQR done with the WPS and send your 30" sample in for testing before you put a cheek on the seat. One things for sure, do not impact load that weld or it will fail. On rough terrain, please add a board or other spacing device in between the seat and a immovable object so the load will be spread out. Also, if a fall harness will be required, please make sure there is a proper cage to suspend the lanyard from, welded with 1/16" 7018 and again that you have your PQR and testing done for this as well. Insurance coverage on such a high risk weld will be costly so make sure you perform all work before contacting your insurance agent. This way when he turns your coverage down it will be no big deal since all work will be done and then you can grind it out and proceed to weld it with 1/4" 11018 or a 110v self shielded flux core machine. ;)

Looks good John!!!
-Jonathan