What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

I have a new Miller Maxstar 150sth coming at work and plan to make a custom cart although I'm stuck on exactly what features I want.

I'd like light weight but I'm considering a vise mount for some pipe work, a helmet hook, maybe some rod storage, maybe room for a water cooler down the road?? I saw one awhile back that had a small tool storage cabinet on it, kinda like that as well.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

I am working on a new one now. It will hold my water cooler, machine, and have 10 or so drawers for consumables. I'm also going to add a dozen or so spots for wire storage and it will Maldonado hold my bottle obviously. It will have a top on to set blueprints/drawings etc as well.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

For me it would have to look cool and hold everything I would need for the given machine. For Tig it would include wire storage, tig torch holders, duel cylinder mount, drawers to hold all related consumables. For a mig machine again a duel cylinder mount, hangers for grinders and drawers for measuring equipment. I am sure there would be a lot more than what is written here but that is a general idea.
-Jonathan
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Large wheels (~6") and casters (3-4") = easier to roll. Solid wheels, not pneumatic. Center the rear axle under the cylinders; size for 10" diameter cylinders. Dual cylinders if you plan to share the cart between MIG and TIG machines. Room to add a water cooler for TIG. 240v power cable w/ receptacles for welders, cooler, and 120v accessories (grinders). Maybe mounts for angle grinders (would need ~4). Grab bar on the front. Common work clamp, if multiple welders / cutter.

On the creativity front, the best one I've seen was trimmed to look like a semi truck cab.

Cheers,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
    Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:55 am

It would really be nice to have an ultimate welding cart where all the necessary accessories needed are there for easy reach.
Sturdy and nicely built frames with large wheels at the rear and heavy duty caster wheels in front. Several drawers on the sides for consumables and other tools, and a large storage drawer for one or two welding hoods. Of course lots of hooks in strategic areas. Well this is for a MIg or a Stick welder cart, a TIG cart is a different story. ;) :lol:
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

A really nice welder! :lol:
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

I prefer cabinet carts, lots of storage.
Attachments
Cabinet Cart.jpg
Cabinet Cart.jpg (42.59 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
Sgt Lumpy
    Thu May 01, 2014 7:32 pm

A "Flip Up/Down" MIG machine holder...

The connector for the torch at the welder adds nearly a foot of relatively delicate object, sticking out into the pathway of me, machines, traffic in the shop. If the shelf somehow folded up (face of welder facing up) when not in use, it would be a big space saver. Fold it down (face of welder facing the traditional direction) when in use.

Sgt Lumpy