What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Cody
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Hello again guys--I made this bed out of cedar posts and the rest was steel. 1 1/2" sq. tubing was used for the head and footboards with 1/2" sq. stock for the upright bars and 1" flatbar for the mounting brackets on either end; top/bottom. The runners were made from 1 1/2" X 3/16" angle with 4" X 2" angle brackets which attached the head and footboards together. Really the only other things used were the light gauge stars from a local craft store, mounting hardware and the post caps. I used 6011's to weld it together except the runners which I did with 7018's of course. We've had it for almost a year and it's been a sturdy and safe bed. :)
Attachments
Texas Bed
Texas Bed
smallbed.jpg (221.52 KiB) Viewed 3848 times
dbales
    Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:02 am

Wow definately expanded my mind as far as what kind of projects I can take on with a welder. Looks really nice.
rod burna
    Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:48 pm

very nice work! i'm gonna show that to the wife because she is constantly mentioning that i should build us a bed, (or a hundred other ornamental projects) and i think she would really respect the craftsmanship that went into it. never occured to me that i could build it with wood posts and steel work inside (typical fabricator) haha once again though very nice job and I hope you got some hardcore brownie points with the Mrs.! :P
When all else fails, Force prevails!
Cody
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Thanks alot man. She enjoyed it quite well. I have to admit I hate to get out of it in the morning! Take care welder. 8-)