What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
dsmabe
    Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:50 pm

20141004_163929.jpg
20141004_163929.jpg (31.32 KiB) Viewed 844 times
20141004_163914.jpg
20141004_163914.jpg (31.37 KiB) Viewed 844 times
We've been needing a heat shield for one of the pieces of equipment at work. A guy had a piece of stainless bent to use. I suggested a couple changes and ended up bringing me some more stainless to weld on.
This is the first time I've ever welded stainless like this before so don't be too harsh.
I tried adding filler to most of it and it didn't turn out good at all. 1/16 316 about 60 amps, the way the welder is set up is a scratch start high frequency setup. Its pretty screwed up but hardly no one can really weld here so they don't care.
I tried to get just what I thought was good welding so here it is.
I also got a chance to walk the cup some on the inside corner joint, another first for me, didn't get a picture of that though.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

You are being to hard on yourself, looks great to me. I do have a question though, how can it be scratch start and high freq at the same time? I just might be missing something here. Keep it up!!
-Jonathan
dsmabe

I figured I'd have that question asked.
It's a Lincoln square wave tig, 225 I believe. It's a high frequency start machine, no switch on the torch that's the size of a vw beetle, and no one knows how to use a foot pedal. So higher ups decided to just put a jumper wire in the plug that would go to the torch swith/foot pedal, so that as soon as you turn the machine on, everything is live.
And I made no effort to get the rest of the weld in the picture, lets just say I've got some more practice to do.
dsmabe

And another thing, this welder is normally used on ac, ive noticed the high frequency is very unpredictable on dc. Sometimes you still have to scratch start, sometimes it will start when your a inch away with the welding hood still up!
    Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

dsmabe wrote:And another thing, this welder is normally used on ac, ive noticed the high frequency is very unpredictable on dc. Sometimes you still have to scratch start, sometimes it will start when your a inch away with the welding hood still up!
Ouch! I would hate that!
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc