What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Yep.

John, if you were 30,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLNAkPsjAEk

Not really, but funny.

Steve S
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

Why does the black pick up truck have a red top? If I was sitting at the bar and someone asked me to do a project like this, I would just advise them to go get a trailer stretching tool.

Seriously, nice work! I really like and appreciate the picture documentation! I will be showing them to my students, so they can get an idea of what 'custom fabrication' can look like!

Thank you!
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Boomer63 wrote:Why does the black pick up truck have a red top? If I was sitting at the bar and someone asked me to do a project like this, I would just advise them to go get a trailer stretching tool.

Seriously, nice work! I really like and appreciate the picture documentation! I will be showing them to my students, so they can get an idea of what 'custom fabrication' can look like!

Thank you!
Is that like the board stretcher? Or the left handed cresent wrench? Or the bucket of steam? 8-)
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Boomer63

"Bucket of steam" oh man ... I will be laughing about that all night ... oh man!!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Boomer63 wrote:"Bucket of steam" oh man ... I will be laughing about that all night ... oh man!!
I've used them...
GEDC1364.JPG
GEDC1364.JPG (159.86 KiB) Viewed 1560 times
Steve S
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

At my last job, I tried to stay away from the "bucket" of steam. Outgassing LOX made for all sorts of interesting hazards if you weren't paying attention.

The supervision also had a cow if someone played with the LOX, though stories were around involving various things being supercooled with it, including at least one frog that supposedly hopped away once it thawed... The employee didn't walk away without getting a bit chewed off for the experiment, though.

I do have to ask, are there any build pictures of the welding cart shown in the middle of the project pictures?
It's an interesting layout, compared to some of the other designs that I've seen around.
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Talent/expertise has no age restrictions and it shows up in the most unusual places.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

She just got back from a 600 mile round trip on the hwy.

She's one solid trailer.

Never underestimate 7018.... 8-)
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Never underestimate someone who can weld. Give those 7018s to a mongoloid, and you'll have a pile of scrap beside the ALCAN.
Boomer63

weldin mike 27 wrote:Never underestimate someone who can weld. Give those 7018s to a mongoloid, and you'll have a pile of scrap beside the ALCAN.

I think Mike said it all! Good job, nice welds!

John,

Howgozit with the fire up there? You guys in any danger? Looks on the map like Willow ain't too far to the NW of you.

LDB
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch

ldbtx wrote:John,

Howgozit with the fire up there? You guys in any danger? Looks on the map like Willow ain't too far to the NW of you.

LDB
It seems to be heading away from civilization. I don't know much tho. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cre ... ka-n375366
Hopefully they get it shut down quick.

I'm actually in Pennsylvania right now, on vacation.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

I hope they can get it shut down soon. I've been way too close to several wildfires in my life, and the devastation they leave is a terrible thing to see.

LDB
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch

Still going strong.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

You boys do damn fine work but you are killing me with the background scenery.....you hiring?
AWS D1.1 / ASME IX / CWB / API / EWI / RWMA / BSEE
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla

DLewis0289 wrote:You boys do damn fine work but you are killing me with the background scenery.....you hiring?

Thanks man.

Honestly we don't turn enough money to even pay ourselves. :D

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

John -

Amazing work as always. What strikes me about the AK work I see you doing is that it could probably all be covered with one simple brief that would go something like this phone call:

"Hey there, is that John? Okay, look, I have some trucks, a gate, a gantry, several trailers, a fence, some more trucks....can you please just make ALL of it bigger?"

Kym

MosquitoMoto wrote:John -

Amazing work as always. What strikes me about the AK work I see you doing is that it could probably all be covered with one simple brief that would go something like this phone call:

"Hey there, is that John? Okay, look, I have some trucks, a gate, a gantry, several trailers, a fence, some more trucks....can you please just make ALL of it bigger?"

Kym
Yep that sums me up.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024