What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Weldingn00bie
    Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Hey there! As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to any form of welding. I've done woodworking in the past, but it's hardly the same thing obviously. Anyway, I was curious to know if any of you professionals could give me some sound advice on what kind of project would make a good beginner's project for someone what's new to welding. A lot of the projects I've been looking up look a little more complicated than I would like -- so I'm taking to the boards and seeking out the advice of real people! :)

So. . . any suggestions?
Irene the Welding n00b
Someone fetch me a Tube Notcher! I'm ready to GO!
dustelf
    Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:09 am

Well, for welding you will need some sort of equip, what kind of welding do you want to learn , ? u have 4 kinds to choose from
Stick,Mig-Mag,Tig and Oxy, i think stick is the cheapest to get started and will get you a long way with all kinds of materials .
Any of the 4 proceses require a lot of learning and training.
Vernon
    Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Weldingn00bie wrote:Hey there! As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to any form of welding. I've done woodworking in the past, but it's hardly the same thing obviously. Anyway, I was curious to know if any of you professionals could give me some sound advice on what kind of project would make a good beginner's project for someone what's new to welding. A lot of the projects I've been looking up look a little more complicated than I would like -- so I'm taking to the boards and seeking out the advice of real people! :)

So. . . any suggestions?
A good starter project. Try building some angle Iron shelf brackets. Work hard to get them 90 Deg. Also lay out some holes to bolt it to the wall. Than make the 2nd one just like the 1st one. Sounds simple but you will test your skill. You will learn how to square something, You will learn how to cut the angles 45 deg to make a 90 deg pcs, How to make two brackets the same and don't forget there is a right and left. Good luck if you try this and if you do show some pictures. Vernon
Rugar
    Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:40 pm

What kind of equipment do you have available to you? Kinda hard to suggest projects without knowing what equipment you have to work with.
Millermatic 251
Spectrum 300 Plasma
Everlast PowerTig 250EX
Everlast PowerCool W300
Harris/Victor OA
Craftsman 13 Speed Drill Press
ProTools Air/Hydraulic Bender
48" Brake
Compressor, Notchers, Grinders, etc.