What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
Malooga
    Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:19 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a plan for a metal storage rack? I'm looking for something that would hold angle, square and plate - it would go along the long wall of my standard garage bay and I was told to bolt to the floor so it doesn't topple over on the wife. Can't stick out too far or won't be able to get the car in.

Suggestions would be much appreciated,

Alex
Bobby Sixguns
    Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:48 pm

steelrack.jpg
steelrack.jpg (55.34 KiB) Viewed 4726 times
This is a rack I made out of stuff I had laying around, main legs are 2.5"x 2.5" square tube .25 wall. The arms/shelves are 3" C-channel. Hope this gives you some ideas, sorry the picture isn't any better.

Malooga wrote:Does anyone know where I can find a plan for a metal storage rack? I'm looking for something that would hold angle, square and plate - it would go along the long wall of my standard garage bay and I was told to bolt to the floor so it doesn't topple over on the wife. Can't stick out too far or won't be able to get the car in.

Suggestions would be much appreciated,

Alex
More then likely the stand you need is custom to your situation, best to sketch it up yourself.
Richard
Website
little_sparky
    Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:06 am

something like this do the job?

Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

You could also anchor it to the wall depending on what the garage is made out of... If you can keep it off the floor it is easier to clean around and under.
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
Angusbass
    Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:49 pm

Very nice. I'm looking for ideas as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brucepts
    Sat May 21, 2016 9:49 pm

Here is a rack I built for my garage that would fit between the wall and the garage door track. It is only 14" deep 60" wide and 60" high

I made it so I could adjust the shelves up or down if I needed to add more space, I used pvc fence rails for separation of stock not the most cost effective but did maximize material storage separation space. The area under the shelves allows me to store large stock vertically and I am adding drawers under the smaller shelf (where you see the trays now) for small stock storage. I'm currently working on a rack that will sit on top for longer stock storage based on conventional front loading stock racks.

In the plans now is a small sheet stock rolling rack that will sit on the near end of this rack that will hold a limited amount of flat material that I have on hand.
Attachments
rack.jpg
rack.jpg (78.85 KiB) Viewed 4141 times

brucepts wrote:Here is a rack I built for my garage that would fit between the wall and the garage door track. It is only 14" deep 60" wide and 60" high

I made it so I could adjust the shelves up or down if I needed to add more space, I used pvc fence rails for separation of stock not the most cost effective but did maximize material storage separation space. The area under the shelves allows me to store large stock vertically and I am adding drawers under the smaller shelf (where you see the trays now) for small stock storage. I'm currently working on a rack that will sit on top for longer stock storage based on conventional front loading stock racks.

In the plans now is a small sheet stock rolling rack that will sit on the near end of this rack that will hold a limited amount of flat material that I have on hand.
Very nice!
Richard
Website
    Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Here is my contribution in regards to tubing racks. Its mobile and has worked well so far!
Front for tubing, back for sheets and plate.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:31 pm

Hey brucepts, I really like your rack idea to help keep small quantities of varied material. Don't know why I didn't think of this before, very practical and perfect for the garage. Consider the idea stolen, mua-ha-ha!! :twisted:
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Mine is just rectangle tubing with angle welded to it.

Think of a ladder - mine sits on the floor, leans against the wall. Bolted to floor and wall.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
brucepts
    Sat May 21, 2016 9:49 pm

bearston wrote:Hey brucepts, I really like your rack idea to help keep small quantities of varied material. Don't know why I didn't think of this before, very practical and perfect for the garage. Consider the idea stolen, mua-ha-ha!! :twisted:
No prob, here for sharing glad it helps someone out :)