What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
visionwelder
    Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:56 pm

Just accuired a new old water heater. Any sharp ideas on what i could turn it into?? Thx.
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

visionwelder wrote:Just accuired a new old water heater. Any sharp ideas on what i could turn it into?? Thx.
Probably not much. They're usually full of sand, muck and calcium and rusted out around the bottom. Find out how many gallons the tank holds then see if you can get that much in it. I'd bet your gonna be more than a few gallons short. Unless you cut the ends off the tank theres no way to get the crap out.

If not, use it to build a still. All sorts of good stuff comes out of still's.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
moltenmetal
    Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Wood stove!
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

I take it its gas, so its got the flue built in the center of it? If its electric, you can turn it into an AWESOME smoker, my buddy built one from an old 100 gallon electric water heater. If you were real crafty, Im sure you could figure out how to make one from a gas water heater too. Might even be easier :p

You are gonna have to get that crap out of there somehow. The newer ones got a glass lining inside too. What happens with water heaters(why they leak most of the time) is that glass lining will get a crack in it from the heating and cooling(expansion and contraction) of the metal, which it turn leads to a rusting of the steel tank itself.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?