What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
qwerty12
    Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Greatings friends.
Im an old forum member who had no time for ages to come and hang out here with welding folks.

So...here I am. At full shame and glory united again :D

Here is a little video for you all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97BoZGL ... e=youtu.be

Will post more soon...

P.S. Sorry on my terible english. I did not used english for years...and its kinda hard to pronounce words...buth I hope you understood me something :)
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Thanks for sharing, Djordje,

You've been missed here.

One thing I will suggest, for oxy-fuel welding, is to turn your regulators as low as they will go and still flow. If the pressure behind your valve is small, your valve adjustments won't be so narrow that a tiny turn shuts you off.

For true oxy-fuel welding, it's not uncommon for both your fuel and oxygen to be set at 6 psi, for example. This makes your torch valves much better at controlling your flame.

Excellent video!

Steve S
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Your English was just fine, by the way. I understood everything you were trying to communicate.

Steve S
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Welcome. Pretty amazing that shops and garages across the world often don't look much different. Nice project.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

Hello Djordje, great to see you are busy. hope all is well with you.

Jody
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Good to see you back!
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Like seeing other places in the world. Like others mentioned no matter what size the shop it is too small, stuff expands to space available.
Don't wait so long for next post.
as stated 6psi or less, matching pressures(O/A) for flame control when welding.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
qwerty12

@Otto...well thats strange....6 PSI...google says its 0.41 BAR :) ANd its realy strange for me. Today I will be welding probably so i will try that 0.4 BAR settings on both oxygen and acetylene. Im Running curently on 0.7 BAR Acetylene and 4 bar Oxygene. 10 PSI A 58PSI O.

@Poland...one day il make myself a lot bigger garage. Living in Bosnia in financial therms...just sucks :) so it will take time. Till that my mighty small garage is stil second best home :)

@Jody..hehe went trought hell...stayed alive...now back to welding :D

@Rake...thanks

@Rick...i will post more from this time on. Managed to finish some time consuming things that took more than a year from my life...so you will be all be spamed by me more :)
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

. 10 PSI A 58PSI O.

Is more like a cutting torch setting.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
qwerty12

Will try later with 0.4 O 0,4 A

On that 0.7 A 4 O setings...I always manage to get Neutral flame...
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

qwerty12 wrote:Will try later with 0.4 O 0,4 A

On that 0.7 A 4 O setings...I always manage to get Neutral flame...
Qwerty, you can typically get a neutral flame no matter what you have the pressures set at as long as your torch tip will handle the volume.

But yes 10/58 is something I would normally be cutting 25mm± plate with, not welding with :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Djordje,
Glad to see you back here posting. We've wondered more than once what had become of you. Glad all is well and nice to see the Opal coming back together. I didn't see your feline partner in the videos, I hope things didn't get too hard and you had to eat him. :o

Torch valves that lack fine adjustability are normally that way from poor design and not in need of repair. It takes a fairly long taper on a needle valve to give you good flow control and if it's not made that way it's hard to work with even in new condition. The lower pressures mentioned will help to an extent.

Welcome back.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

As per the others that remember his original posts & the quest to get him a welding mask - welcome back.

I'm glad you seem to be doing OK - wondered what happened to you - happy to see you now have gas gear for the car project as it seemed so hard to try & arc weld it - feels like a long project restoring that car - hope it goes faster now you can gas weld ( & I'd be willing to bet members here would be happy to sort out a cheap new or second hand Mig welder & ship to you if you'd accept it & can obtain argon )

With regard to the gas pressure I agree as others have said - it's way high - I only use just over what the nozzle needs so the torch valves are only trimming it slightly from full flow - you need a little bit in reserve or there is too much chance of backfire / flashback - I hope you have flashback arrestors fitted ? below is a link to a BOC page - it's got useful general information & starting on page 28 is a nozzle / pressure chart.

https://www.boconline.co.uk/internet.lg ... _39396.pdf

if a true Mig is out of the question & / or argon is not an option there is a very cheap stand alone spool torch on Ebay that connects to any arc welder as a power source & you can run that electrode negative & use flux core if that's available to you - would help with distortion - I welded many cars back in the day with gas but mostly sills / floor pans etc - not generally outer panels that needed to retain their shape - I'd never do it again if Mig was available !

Did you ever come up with a solution for the small tractor center pivot joint ?

Just watched the video & your English is very good - all the best for the future & hope to see your car finished soon.